Introductions - members from old forum as well as new members

I’d always be a tad nervous someone would wheel it away with me in it.

With a nice wood burning stove and a concealed flat panel heater it’s really snug. It’s also very well insulated. Power, light and high speed broadband - what not to like? It also has a day bed for those afternoon naps!!

1 Like

At 4 tons and on soft ground I’d like to see them try! Massive lorry with a crane delivered it. The driver laughed when he saw the shackles I’d prepared under it saying that it would need a rig like his to remove it😎

It took 6 of us a day to move it 1meter onto the pad stones and even then we needed 2 car jacks…

Oh and it’s alarmed on the house circuit!

It looks pretty cool!

Shock horror - a Roberts radio and an iPad with a Bose mini speaker. Couldn’t get the Sopras in there🤪

1 Like

I think Cameron purchased something like this at his Cornish holiday retreat last year.

Thanks, Don and PB.

TM-P pops up on Facebook from time to time. I’m sure he’ll be back on here when he feels the time is right.

Your radio would sound much better when one of these gets roof mounted:

1 Like

Might just make the hut blow away🤭

i find it personally very nice!

Ravenswood, Isn’t being blown away all what we are after?

But about your name: I’m Dutch, and Ravenswood sounds so nicely ancient-English to me. Castles, (Black) Knights, ladies and witches etc … There are a few other names on this forum which have the same aspect. It got my attention on the old forum already. Reminds me of the rpg ‘Kings Quest’.

Too true!

Yes no end of old Saxon place names around me, also some strange country pursuits like Dwile Flonking and the like. We have five vineyards and 10 microbreweries not that far away - at least there will be something to drink after the Brexit farce!

Speaking of drinks and vineyards, whenever I see the name Ravenswood, I think about this…

5 Likes

Not a Muso QB. Tsk.

I have to admit that until today I thought he’d named himself after the winery.

3 Likes

Nope…reserved for the dining room!

Hi folks, joined a previous version of the forum in 2004 and kind of wandered off into the ooloo in 2012. Was once Officer DBL and then BradS. Nowadays can only lay claim to owning a Naim mains lead, but once upon a time… Anyway, thought I would swing by and see what happens.
My avatar is my 1 year old Westie Jude. I discovered that he likes listening music so it seems appropriate.

1 Like

I seem to remember you also owning a rather lovely M5 ?

Welcome to the new forum Brad :blush:

Well remembered. Alas, that is long gone. Now trogging around in a Merc CLS 350 CDI AMG. A sensible drive, but can still move along nicely. MPG decent at 43mpg av and I achieved 55mpg on a trip over to the uk, down to Tunbridge and back to Holyhead. Had decided to sell off my whisky collection and it made more sense to deliver it to the buyer than to trust a courier.

…and Hi PB & thanks

2 Likes