Is it update day today?

Yep same for me. Roons always shown up as playing in Naim app and I can pause and resume the content to.

I am finding the Naim app is more responsive and a lot more slicker to use since the update. My ND5 XS 2 player/room is found from first command and almost instantly using IOS from my iPad. Sound quality is excellent.

Great job folks.

2 Likes

Same here. :+1:

4 Likes

Same for Android

I think I noticed a change on my NDX2 in sound quality after the firmware update. It used to be more mellow sounding. Now the highs are either elevated or opened up. Definitely less mellow sounding. Anyone else notice this?

2 Likes

I have Uniti Atom. No more problems with HDMI + Sony Bravia TV! Nice :slight_smile:

It was very difficult to connect Sony Bravia TV to Atom via HDMI (I had to restart TV several times).

Now everything is OK.

1 Like

I think we should wait at least several days.

Previous firmware updates also altered sound quality for some users (including me). But new sound had tendency to stabilize after several days. At least with my Atomā€¦

Iā€™ve also notice SQ changes after installing this firmware, but I like them. Letā€™s see how it will be after one week.

I had issues with my Philips TV, which are now solved. I did discover a big though, see my thread ā€˜HDMI muteā€™. Would you mind checking whether you see the same behaviour?

Have you found itā€™s tightened up now? I have. It was just the first hour or so after rebooting

Not had time to really listen since. My rooms lively enough for bass so I donā€™t need any more.

Updated to the new firmware on the ND555 yesterday and only had time for some brief listening with a few tracks locally streamed from NAS and while I donā€™t consider myself particularly discerning regarding subtleties of SQ,I think it is overall better on the few tracks I know well.More detail/realism.

Does anyone know what exactly has changed in ROON integration?
Naim provides extremely succinct information on this.

@Richard.Dane do you have access to more detailed info?

Iā€™ve definitely noticed a SQ improvement. I use Tidal through Roon and it has more detail than ever before. I wonder if Naim is now using the latest version of the RAAT protocol or something. Maybe the DSP version has been updated for the better. Regardless, thank you Naim. Iā€™m very happy.

Loving the SQ, Naim have nailed it, enjoying more so now.

2 Likes

Better still I like the urghhh iPad lock screen control but also the control panel thingy on the left, plus it also works for iPeng.

Unbelievable! :astonished:

The update actually made a difference, and significant one!

In the context of my system, which can be quite revealing, the difference was immediate.

I tested it with a specific playlist I use when changing things to the system (including room treatment)

Iā€™m not a Placebo Person, and wasnā€™t expecting anything. Iā€™m impressed!

And delighted :partying_face:

2 Likes

Refreshing to hear Iā€™m not the only one thatā€™s noticed the improved SQ. Itā€™s really good isnā€™t it? We have very similar systems (In my dreams) :wink:

2 Likes

Hello - I may be the first one to report that I am not liking the sound quality changes as a result of the firmware update on my ND555. The sound has moved from being rich, three dimensional and ā€˜real lifeā€™ to what I can only describe as an extremely clean and detailed ā€˜studioā€™ sound with a markedly reduced soundstage, and an exaggerated top end (albeit with loads of detail) which makes listening a ā€˜toilā€™ rather than a pleasure. From reports above only StoogeMoe has hinted of similar experience. Anyone else experiencing this? Unfortunately itā€™s a game changer for me now - built my system around the ā€˜originalā€™ sound of the ND555 - and now back to ā€˜square oneā€™ā€¦Iā€™m really upsetā€¦:cry:

Canā€™t you reinstall the precedent update ?

I would love to but itā€™s not available because the updates are done over the internet and there are no ā€˜optionsā€™. Naim are being ā€˜strictā€™ on firmware roll backs - I do have request pending with the software guys at Salisbury - but unlikely.