Is it update day today?

Have Naim confirmed they do updates on the sound quality? Must be trivial since you bought it for a specific sound then changing it. I’m sceptic to that they do but would be easy to confirm for them if so.

1 Like

Anyone have a work around for getting Quboz in NZ?

I would be interested in a similar workaround for Canada.

1 Like

Could someone pls explain what the ‘improved Roon integration’ is because I see nothing different from the previous version.
Looks like I’m missing something but I’m damned if I can find it. :joy:

Ah that will be the “what is roon playing” in the iOS app widget.

Don’t care for Qobuz, but HDMI Arc now seems to work perfectly with my Philips TV where before it was unusable. So really pleased with this update.

I did have a crash of sorts.
After switching off the TV (testing the new functionality) the display froze on a faded HDMI input logo. The app seemed to function, but even while the app suggested internet radio was playing (and sound wasn’t muted) no sound would come out. After putting it in standby and turning the TV off and on things worked again, but the screen was still frozen. Unplugging it (and plugging it back in) fixed that. Let’s hope that doesn’t keep happening.

Thanks guys for all your hard work. Update went smoothly and now time to enjoy the fruits of all the work ”Team Naim” have achieved I say team Naim as I don’t know all your Naims…groan…come on Dusty :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Likely updated the RAAT SDK as they have been using an old one for ages.

Hmm seems to have more boomy bass this one.

I use Roon only, without any of the supported streaming services.
I’ll probably skip the update, at least that first release :wink:

1 Like

I would like to thank the Naim team for delivering an absolutely fantastic release this morning. The integration of Qobuz functionality is extremely well conceived and executed - it’s a joy to use. More importantly, I was thrilled by the improvement in Qobuz SQ through the Uniti Atom (connected to Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary speakers).

Thanks so much for the hard work and the tangible improvement to an already great product. I couldn’t wait to get home from work this afternoon to listen more.

1 Like

Thought I was going through the “placebo effect” when trying out the latest upgrade, so it’s great to read this thread and agree with the many positive comments on the SQ improvement.
Very nice and well done Naim, thanks :grinning:
Paul

1 Like

Do you have a workaround for Qubuz in NZ Paul?

Mike
Guess a VPN is the easiest, will add up $ wise, Qobuz subscription and the extra download cost.
Will have a play around when back from cruise to Oz holiday, not the biggest user of Tidal, in fact, thinking of unsubscribing, although it’s a handy music reference service. Still prefer SQ from the Nas/downloads, so will be interesting to see people’s comments re Qobuz
Enjoying today’s bonus SQ upgrade though :grinning:
Paul

1 Like

I see nothing there that wasn’t there before.

It would be nice if Naim were to document their updates. :+1:

1 Like

I live in Singapore and also don’t have Qobuz. But I use VPN to sign up and has been able to use it ever since without the need to use VPN thereafter.

1 Like

Maybe I’m mistaken, but the Naim app is now aware when roon has control and is playing. I’m sure previously the widget notification was blank.

And nothing was displayed in the app itself as “now playing”.

Ahh! I see where you are now. I dont think I have ever looked at the widgets. I usually just use the main app and like I said, I see no difference there.
I’ll check it out next time. :+1:

For me, whatever Roon plays has always been displayed in the app. Perhaps it wasn’t loading properly for you?