Is Naim re-initiating factory visits?

I’d love to come down too please - picking up from Nottingham along the way if needed?

(Could bring a coach full if allowed - pcv licence still valid!)

2 Likes

A coach full what a great idea……i think @nigelb could be relied on to start an ethernet cable debate to keep the jolly coach travellers entertained for the duration of the trip.:wink:

2 Likes

@Richieroo

While I fully respect it’s the choice of whoever is putting in the actual effort, I would vote for something less subjective. (Even if that leaves me out)

Perhaps based on recent contributions to the forum?

Or prioritise people willing to come from abroad, who will be less likely to have other, dealer organised, opportunities?

Ideally of course everyone has a chance. Do you remember to what extent it was overbooked last time. Was having multiple days/visits to provide more people the opportunity discussed?

Cheers…Nigel thanks for the heads up…

Just don’t ask @skeptical he’d argue all the way there on the rights/wrongs of electrical safety!

Sorry mate couldn’t resist…

Seriously I do still have contacts in the coaching industry so I maybe could get a favourable quote for a coach or minibus?
Just think of the gossip in your neighbourhood when a 40’ long £300,000 Mercedes pulls up outside your door???

1 Like

OK, but I will need a minder to break up any fights!

2 Likes

I feel it’s important that whoever goes is willing, and wanting, to provide feedback to Naim both positive and negative. There is quite a bit that needs improving and I’m sure Naim would value Forum members’ input. A few people chuckling over the Snaic shaker and cooing over the whirling machine that matches components is hardly of value. Of course that’s just part of it, but as it takes a lot of staff time from the Naim people they need to get something out of it, rather than it just being Forum tourism. That’s the way it worked when I did it anyway.

The best way to organise something is probably to email the UK sales manager Gareth Clarke. I imagine, if it’s like the others at Naim, that his email address has a dot between the first and last names and @naimaudio.com at the end.

4 Likes

Thanks HH…I will discuss this with them tomorrow hopefully…

1 Like

We are many for sure
Maybe someone would bring a video camera to create a few minutes teaser, (if allowed of course)

I am definitely interested in a visit to Naim and to meet up with other Forum members.

Richard

1 Like

Yes indeed, thanks to Nigel (HH) for the organisation on that forum members visit, and yes it was a great day out meeting the HQ teams & the forum peeps.
I would love to go again, but only if there is the space left over after others who have not been before.

Ditto!

I agree with HH. At that visit, and at that time, there seemed to be an appetite on the Naim side for a structured feedback session, perhaps taking up more time than the factory walk around…

Does anyone else have a similar recollection or am I mistaken?

KR, J

2 Likes

Indeed there was, especially around the software issues at the time.

Tautology spotted.

That’s not a tautology.

If you look him up on LinkedIn, he was Operations Director before he became Site Director.

But still very invisible unfortunately.

If it’s far enough out I’d love to come in from the states for a visit. We have two senior dogs that we can’t leave unfortunately.

It’s worth saying here that with any group visiting the factory the numbers need to be manageable so usually this would mean a maximum of around 10-12 people.

1 Like