Is Neat Acoustics still on naim lovers radar?

You must have one heck of a listening room, how do you decide which one to play?

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Sadly, almost all are in storage now; but they will certainly come out again when housing permits.

Coincidentally, it was your classic “My Jaw Has Hit the Floor” thread which set me on my path to Neat ownership.

For that I thank you sir.

As it did for many people Jack, its a shame to think such great speakers are in storage. I hope they come out to play soon.

The Jaw days were great fun and its nice to see people still remember.

Thank you also :slight_smile:

Out of interest, I never did hear the XL10’s, how much of a difference was there between the MF9’s and XL10’s Jack?

Stop it, Mr. Bear!! :roll_eyes:

Getting nervous Dave?? :grinning::grinning::grinning:

YES!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am just curious Dave :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There’s a Neat dealer not too far from me, and who welcomes trade-ins … I could always submit his online enquiry form … just to find out, you understand … after all, what harm can it do?
Oh dear … :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’d say more refined as a quick summary.

I have all Olive gear and I have a feeling that the MF9 might be more suited to this but who knows. Maybe I’ll ask Bob about that one day…

Anyway, I figured I’d keep the MF9’s because they seemed to have that more edgy feel which I thought suited my Olive electronics.

1 Like

Hi Pete,
Sorry for the delay, dimensions are as follows:

• space from the rear wall 55cms
  • space between speakers 2.2m
  • distance to the listening position 2.5m
  • my room is 4x5metres with the speakers positioned across the 5 metre wall.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does Nic, thank you.

Another thumbs up. Neat Motive SX1 with SN2. A match made in etc etc.

4 Likes

Oh yes, another user of the motive sx2. Love them to bits.

4 Likes

If you are short of space and a voice is telling you, “You have to have small speakers”, then you can’t go wrong with the sound from a pair of Neat Iota Alphas. Just love them to bits and they have my wife’s approval, after they replaced my old Naim Credo’s which were huge in comparison, these small speakers are also a huge improvement in SQ.

9 Likes

I’ve had a pair of Neat Momentum 4i’s for the last 10 years and love every minute off listening, after upgrading to a NAP300DR I have the upgrade bug, I think the Ultimatum XL 6 is the obvious choice, I’ve heard the Focal Kanta 2 and similar priced PMC but it’s that special Neat sound that I love. A 6 week wait for delivery here in Sydney so I’d better order soon.

5 Likes

I have an NDX 2 and Supernait 2 (both 7 days old) playing into Momentum SX1s. I love the sound but wonder if it could be bettered with a speaker upgrade. Problem is, my Mrs took a lot of persuading to accommodate the SX1s after many years with Momentum 2 speakers, so I am limited to similar sized speakers.

Any ideas?

I auditioned SX1s when I bought my Nova, and thought they were very good, really enjoyed the music through them. But the PMC Twenty5.23s were even better to my ears, better grip at the low-end and even more drive. They’re a similar size and style package, could well be worth a listen.

Thanks @Eoink, I will have to do some research on those. Another ’problem’ I have is that the speakers can only be 50cm from the rear wall and my listening distance is approx. 2m away - are the PMCs compatible with these constraints?