Is this normal? ND555 screen line

Yeah and lets be clear, it’s 20k because without the PS - the Streamer doesn’t function.

Yes i completely agree. Quality issues on a premium brand is not good whatever the price level. I’m sure it’s something that will get sorted. As Gazza says, the service has been exemplary, the quality of the product (SQ aside) less so.

I alerted Naim’s new QA manager about this and he confirmed that he was aware of the issue and had tracked it down to a specific problem occurring during production that is now resolved and all stock has been carefully checked. Let’s hope he has nailed the issue.

3 Likes

Well let’s hope the new QA manager can also sort out goods inwards inspection, internal handling and final inspection as well, because both @malla and I have reported scratches on the case of the unit (albeit on the underside in my case). I understand that there were problems with case quality, but that’s no excuse for allowing scratched units to leave the factory. Hopefully @Richard.Dane will be able to bring this to the attention of the QA manager too.

1 Like

Well picked up my new unit this morning. Andy at Signals had checked the screen and input / outputs, as agreed with him. We unboxed and powered up to show me the screen and played a track. Casework was pristine, no marks…so hopefully this one is a keeper, and the quality improves for subsequent customers.

5 Likes

Really pleased for you Gazza.

I’ve been told mine is going to be the first one off the SOAK testing after escalating. So some time next week it should be dispatched. I will be checking it at the Dealer this time, if there any marks, lines or imperfections, it will be going straight back.

1 Like

Hope it works out for you Malla. Surprised that this has only happened as far as we know on the ND555, and not the NDX2 which presumably ships in greater volumes and has the same screen?

My presumption (and this is pure speculation) that the ND555 is being built by a different team and it could be systemic to either an individual or small working team.

Good point. I notice they have a vacancy for a quality manager?

I don’t want to be flippant, but I expect shoddy QA for British car brands, now Hifi?.. maybe this is the sign of things to come.

So, quick update - third ND555. This one is finally perfect. Case finish is also exceptional. I did moan about this to them because the 2nd was better than the 1st.

5 Likes

Congratulations, hope its a keeper…thats what i am hoping

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.