IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

I do not think this applies to you, think you have solid floor, could be wrong. However, I did go the full nine yards and purchased the Isoacoustics carpet spikes, which the Gaia iii’s are resting on at present.

I have followed this thread on and off over the last few weeks so apologies if I missed a post but I don’t think I have. Has anyone used these Gaia feet or similar under a fraim stack? The total isolation would seem to make a lot of sense here but maybe I am missing something!!

I will need the carpet spikes as well.

No, I’ve not heard of anyone trying it with Fraim, but I do use the isoAcoustics Delos platform under my turntable. It’s the same principle.

1 Like

@JosquinDesPrez yeah seemed to be the most sensible choice with Naim gear when I thought about it. I also wondered if there was some design element in the black boxes that needed to energy to be fed into the Fraim.

I have two Fraim racks and leave them as designed by Naim. I figure if Naim thought they needed isolation feet, for the price they would have designed that into them.

In any case, the Gaia are designed to work within a weight range. You would have to consider that, and if your kit changed, you might need to change the feet (I-II-III).

Hi guys, anyone had a chance to try both Soundcare spikes and GAIA’s and whether any difference in SQ was detected? Reason why I am asking is I bought a couple of years ago 2 kits (x4) of Soundcare spikes and tried them under every piece of equipment I have and frankly I do not like the sound when under my standmount speakers. The sound is simply way too clinical, yes, there is detail, base is very tight, crystal clear highs, but I guess I like it better with some acceptable levels of distortion. On the contrary, I have put them under my DIY wood rack and I kind of perceive some improvements.

Now both being created for isolation (that word…) purposes, Soundcare spikes provide very small contact point with the surface, something like 0,5mm. Have not read much about the GAIA technology, but I am curious if someone compared both products

Irrelevant I guess as not to do with Soundcare spikes ( I don’t know those) or even the actual Gaia isolators, but I’ve been trying my B&W stand spikes on the IsoAcoutics carpet spikes, and find I prefer the sound with the hard domed plastic feet supplied with the stands (on the circular IA spikes). Less clinical as you say.
The speakers are not rock solid with either spikes or domes (we must have extra tough underlay) and I’ve yet to try the stand spikes on my old arrangement of large × head screws…

Anyway, apologies for hijack! :slight_smile:

Hi Gazza,
Well cabin fever got the better of me. So I have just ordered a Qb2 as Naim are looking for beta testers for this. I presume this is for Quboz integration. Seeing as my background is electronics / software testing, l might as well pass the time with a bus mans holiday, so to speak. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, i saw this on the beta thread…but it does take time to iron the little bugs out. I think you will find it useful to understand that its not that easy for a small company like Naim to do complicated software…
bug free without a significant number of different people/systems to try it in. Welcome aboard.

I have two ‘spare’ sets of Gaia Is and am considering putting them under my equipment stack (need to build up the enthusiasm to deal with all the recabling plus the house is more crowded at present). I contacted IsoAcoustics to ask if they thought it would be worthwhile and they recommended it albeit that you don’t need to worry about the orientation of the feet. They also advised that the same weight limits apply (for 4 Gaia 1s it would be upto 100Kg for optimal performance). In theory it should bring benefits by helping to isolate the Naim kit from external vibrations (in the same way as the ‘leaf’ system in the 500 series kit). So it’s ‘on my list’ to try but it may be a while…hopefully someone else has already done it and can report back.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.