IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

Stooge-This is something that I find interesting as well to some degree, as with most Naim systems I have owned over the course of time, and experimented with various isolation or coupling devices, the result can be so very variable of course.

I would always leave said device in for a decent period of time, get used to what it seems to be doing, then remove it, and again, listen to it again over the course of time, see if you miss what it did, or if you now have that ahhhh moment, all is back and good. Not easy to do and time consuming with things like the GAIA footers, but maybe worth it, or not.

Speakers can be a harder thing I think to maybe get a clear line on. I always felt most isolation/squidgy type blocks took away the thing I liked about Naim components, the leading edge and attack of percussion etc. Everyoneā€™s mileage varies of course! Good for trying them though!

1 Like

Although I have my Confidence C2s on Gaia II my subs are still on the floor with no isolation, as REL recommends. Something like that mat be a good solution for you. I get a definite sense of good bass.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but not sure I want to go that route. I like to keep things simple.

Oh wow. It took me close to four hours positioning the speakers with the footers and carpet spikes. It was challenging to get it in the right spot without it moving. Not something I want to repeat anytime soon. :grimacing:

1 Like

Simple is not where I am, LOL. I have two Fraim and seven boxes, plus turntable and cleaning machine. However, I have a dedicated listening room for it all.

But a sub or two sure does bring a lot to the table.

Oh come on now you light-weight, where is your effort for the cause? You sir, shall be stripped of your audio nerdery badge immediately!:joy:

Haha, no, I get it for sure! If nothing else, they do look cool and purposeful, right? Again, only teasing! Isnā€™t this stuff fun though?

Finally received set of GAIAs and installed on my Audio Physics Tempo Plus floor standing speakers. Speakers are on wooden floors in 1930s vintage apartment building. Iā€™ve only listened to a few hours, but my initial impression is that sound is improved on rock, soul, etc and not particularly different on baroque recordings. Iā€™ve generally found rock and the like too bass heavy, somewhat boomy, which Iā€™ve attributed to how albums are mixed as well as limitations on how far into room I can position speakers; this seems to be mitigated with GAIAs with a more balanced, and to my taste, enjoyable sound.

I intend to explore other recordings, both symphonic and jazz. Iā€™ve got a 30 day return window but so far pleased.

4 Likes

Its disconcerting at first; I felt like all my base had vanished, but a lot of speaker adjustment later and it all clicked into place. When I get deep and powerful base now its genuinely what was recorded and itā€™s really defined whereas previously I was listening to my floor and not hearing what I should. One of my favourite hifi purchases

3 Likes

I experienced the sameā€¦ The bass was texturedā€¦ Rather than just low rumbleā€¦ I can hear fingers on stringsā€¦ Incredibleā€¦

6 Likes

Someone mentioned ā€˜Isopodsā€™, which would dramatically improve the sound. However, when I tried to put them under my PMCs they kept moving around the room totally destroying my stereo imagingā€¦

6 Likes

@Maccaboy10

Wow, what a beautiful creatureā€¦I know itā€™s what a Woodlouse would (more or less) look like magnified, but please tell me this is life size. Iā€™d love that.

The really large isopod species can reach over 30cm. They are amazing creatures.

3 Likes

Thanks HH!
I wasnt sure if @Maccaboy10ā€™s pic was a scaled up model (no pun intended). Glad to know such beauties are out there.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a huge bed bug.

Nope theyā€™re real!!

1 Like

Yech

1 Like

Hi Gazza,
Well due to boredom, inquisitive and a good price on new item, I purchased a set of Gaia iiiā€™s. So how do they sound on the Twenty5 26? Well, the first point I noticed, is that the volume level has to be increased to obtain the same sound level, pre Gaia installed. The bottom end is more clear and detailed. Vocals, especially seem to stand out more. Soundstage, seems to have opened up more. Early days yet, but so far nothing really detrimental. Next time you pop into Signals, ask for a demonstration. Interested to hear, if you agree with my observations.

Thankyou , Signals are on lock down. However, when i get my Costa Rica holiday refunded i will order myself a QB2 and ask them to ship me a set to demo, sounds a great upgradešŸ‘

By some strange coincidence, I was also thinking of buying a Qb2. Do you have any idea as to how long before Quboz integration for the Qb2 ?

I would be guessing but 3 months or so, not been in Beta testing yetā€¦i will be waiting for that too.