IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

Yes, you understood me correctly. Well, thank you for the information, which rules out my idea. Back to the drawing board…

The end product/solution looks just as Gsr’s picture of his PMC’s

Just added GAIA III’s to my Kudos C20 (on very old wood flooring 90+ yrs). I have noticed a market difference (for the better). Taking some of the bloom out of the bass and bringing a bit more detail and clarity to the presentation. Very happy with the investment.

1 Like

I think I will need a set of custom bar from isoacoustics, as pointed out by Bluesfan. If the levelling adjustment is only 3mm, on standard custom bar supplied. I need somewhere in the region of 6 to 7mm adjustment on one of my speakers

I have a similar difference, but the problem seems to be that the carpet is acting like a trampoline even with 50kg speakers. The spirit level shows just off the level. I may just slit the carpet as suggested by @anon4489532. Into the unknown, but that is what the last 3-4 years has been!

Phil

And why not granite bases on the carpet, then isoacoustics then speakers ?

If your speakers have M8 threads in them, you are welcome to use some spare M8 threaded bar that I have left over from making 4 longer threaded rods myself.

Cutting the rod to length is easy. Filing in the flats that a spanner requires to tighten up the clamping rings is not so easy. It may be easier to order custom ones.

Best regards, BF

Some slits in the carpet where there are big dents makes no difference to the carpet if it then has granite on top. I will think.

Phil

I wanted to say that it would allow more stability I feel. And you will don’t need to make holes in the carpet.

I have just tested whether the spikes go through the carpet by tilting on two and letting down. They engage with the screed doing this on all four sides. No rocking that I can sense. So slits at this stage would do nothing. These speakers are 55kg.

I am left in need of 7-8mm of level adjustment unless I want direct the sound focus upwards.

Phil

Not really understood Flipe. Are you saying that you can accommodate the isoacoustics under your speakers or you can’t ?

Just saying cutting slits in carpet is unnecessary.

1 Like

June Tabor - at the wood’s heart - Les Choses Les Plus Simple - Qobuz

For @frenchrooster and @anon4489532 who posted this in my favourite forum place. “The most simple things”. This is certainly a wonderful album and her voice sounding so sweet and guitar so natural.

It seems to me that my speakers are as well grounded in the way Focal must have intended. There should be hardly any resonance the way they are supported. The drivers should operate as intended in the amazing cabinets that Focal make.

Not sure it’s worth trying the Gaia’s.

Phil

On n’a pas besoin des Gaias.

1 Like

Gaias at the « wood’s heart ». :crazy_face:

That should be in the other thread, “Best examples of tautology”…

I am happy with the Gaias! They have tightened up the bass a little. The most noticeable aspect is a stronger center channel and more focus to the sound. Everything is less diffused and has tightened up. They also look nice!

Thank you for the offer Bluesfan, but I will decline. I know the plinth bar screws have M8 threads. Not sure of the thread size on the leveling spikes. I guess, the way to be sure is to order custom size from Isoacoustics. Thank you, again.

I don’t quite ‘get’ this…is it not the principle that the speakers should be rigidly coupled to the floor so that the drivers do ALL of the moving. If this ideal is achieved, then why add something between the speaker and the floor?
Proviso: I agree that this thinking is deductive rather than being supported by empirical evidence

Fair point. Perhaps my post no. 40 on this thread may help?
If not, there is a reasonably straightforward explanation on the Isoacoustics website and a similar one with more technobabble on the Townshend website.

When there are two contradictory hypotheses/theories for why they should or should not work, then the proof of the pudding is in the eating (or in this case listening). The long and short of it is that they work with our speakers in our room but may not suit all installations.

Best regards, BF