IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

I can understand this reasoning, and indeed theorists who have contradictory views indeed will fight ‘tooth and nail’ in support of their view.
I quite agree that theories should be built around evidence, in more of an inductive reasoning model.
There is a simple way of accommodating what is being said…the hypothesis should be that the sound arises from the drivers, rather than a more complex statement that the speaker cabinet should not move so that the drivers do all the moving. The former does actually sound (no pun intended) more axiomatic.

FWIW…initially I used 4 Orea Bronze then 3 then None.

This is under my CDP.

I have moved over to USD 0.60 diversitech isolstors as I think they don’t muddy up the sound for me.

Maybe I will try with original footers after a month or so.

I see this is counter to all the good things on this thread which I don’t dispute or deny.

Just that my experience is different.

Our journeys are all different so YMMV…

Regards

Had a quick chat with Andy from Signals who said they had successfully used them with many speakers including Pmc 25.26, both on and off carpets. Once i have finished my never ending cable journey, i will try them.

Thank you for the reply. I presume Andy, from Signals was saying they had great results on solid floor, carpets or on granite blocks? Did you ask about getting custom fittings for when you have uneven floors? I do not have a local dealer, the reason for my questions.

They have a wood floor demo room and carpet in another with suspended and concrete floor, they work well in both, as they have the carpet spikes in stock. Best call him if you want to discuss your special requirements, i am sure they would send a set out to you on loan. You can mention me if you like Gazza or (Gary).

Final question, did you manage to have a demonstration of them?

No ran out of time, but the guys at Signals are not hard sell, if they say they are good and worth a try, they are normally right.

1 Like

Many thanks again, very interested to try these. Just need to figure out which is best installation method for my room.

Have a word with them, they are pretty hands on and good at figuring things out. I thought Superlumina would not run in the conduit under our fireplace due to the Naim metal block and resistor. Andy took it apart in front of me and the banana plugs and worked out a way of doing it. Only a call away and they ship worldwide, so UK a no brainer.

But if you have a traditional suspended floor (as I have), it might move along with the drivers, which is not a very good idea. I am very much tempted to get the Gaia - they are reasonably priced.

…you are correct…I was making an assumption that the floor is rigid…if this is not the case, then it’s time to experiment!

Put a cork in (under) it. My Harbeth 30.1 speakers reside on a square folding iron bookcase/plant stand that the 2 lower shelves are filled with books. The top shelf has a silicone kitchen liner as a form of isolation, today I added 4 cork coasters, each about 1/8" thick and - it made a noticeable improvement right away. The stands are from the container store and might be considered a tad too tall, but they seem ideal to me. So sometimes isolation just takes a little imagination.

1 Like

Given that Gaia can be provided on a sale or return basis pretty much everyone can give them a try. Then we can all be experts in the effect they have on one system in one room.

1 Like

You guys are a bad influence… I ended up demoing GAIA III under my C1s today… First impressions are positive but that might be completely due to expectation bias… Hopefully SWMBO will lend a pair or ears later this week…

Compared to the default spikes, the speakers now stand 2 cm higher. Who knows if that makes a difference.
Also if I push the speakers on the top, they are compliant in both directions. Is this the expected behaviour?

2 Likes

Yes, my speakers move a little if pushed side to side or front to back. It’s normal.

Gaias under Neat XL6.
Absolutely worth the money. Suddenly I heard instruments and noises I never noticed before. They are a real upgrade.
And if you take a look ad Isoacoustics homepage, you‘ll find a lot of technical/acoustic explanation. Looks like it is a no-nonsense company, that produces highly acknowledged decoupling devices for studio equipment. Usually studio engineers don’t care about HiFi-snake oil.

5 Likes

Who provides them on sale or return, doesn’t say that on web site?

I’m pretty sure I got mine from this dealer, but at the Bristol Show on a sale or return basis. Probably worth getting in touch with them.

Fanthorpes are also usually pretty helpful in that kind of way.

1 Like

Signals near Ipswich loaned me their demo set of Gaia II + tripod feet, which I then rather selfishly kept…

I suspect that Paul at the Hifi Lounge offers a similar service.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

I had the same issue with 11mm underlay on concrete floor and a thick carpet on top, and short spikes on the plinths of my Naim Arivas.

Couldn’t find the right spikes on Fleabay.

Then I emailed Naim and they still had some longer spikes in stock.