Isolation - this time it's speakers (and Gaias)

Interesting. I didn’t know they would work on Stands. I have some pucks between the my stands and speakers(D2R’s) but didn’t think about for the stands themselves. Current just have spikes.

Can you try again with the link or the name if the link itself is not permitted?

Googling those exact words didn’t help…

2 Likes

Hi Nick, can you try again now, looking for posts 2 and 3?

1 Like

A good dealer would let you try and home demo…. Prob the only way to know how they work with your set up.
Gary

1 Like

When clicking on this link it displays: " New Uniti AirPlay 2 Software release latest update"

If you use the search button and type in “Trying Isoacoustic Gaia speaker feet” it lists 25 threads to review. None with the title suggested.

1 Like

Helpful, thanks. I’ve edited and re-entered the link, so it will hopefully work now.

If not, search for a thread title called Isolation from 2019. Posts 2 and 3 are from Bluesfan, i.e. my relevant posts.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

Great question.

Happy user for many years, first with Focal Kanta II’s and now with Sonus Faber Olympica III speakers. Feel soundstage bettered and bass better defined & imaged

I have no experience with alternatives

Iver

1 Like

I’ve been using Gaia III’s for about a year now. My floor is suspended wood over a fairly large cellar. The difference in my experience has been astonishing. Without doubt the best value upgrade I’ve invested in.

1 Like

Same here. Very happy with Gaia IIs on my Kanta No. 2s! My dealer keeps them on all of his floorstanders. Gaias and a Powerline made a huge difference!

3 Likes

Thought I’d chime in as I have championed the Gaias before on the forum. Plus I can vouch for their success when used on carpet. My room has a concrete floor topped with excellent underlay and a thick carpet. As recommended I purchased the required carpet spikes and never looked back. Needless to say I echo the positive findings of fellow forum members, especially bass presentation. I really wish the Gaias had been available sooner, as I am sure I burned through many an upgrade/tweak trying to achieve the same results.

8 Likes

I added IsoAcoustic GAIA III footers to my speaker stands, and there was a very positive uplift in the speaker’s performance.

Great product!

My speakers are Graham Audio LS5/9 BBC Monitors and my stands are Something Solid XF mkII.

10 Likes

Thanks for this. I’m going to look into these for my stands and or what @seakayaker uses

1 Like

FYI. …if you do try the Herbie’s they do offer them with a trial period: return within 60 days for a full refund of the purchase price. So cost would be mailing the item back to their Texas location.

2 Likes

So far, this looks as close as I have seen here to a clean-sweep for Yes They Work.

Are there other similarly successful upgrades/ tweaks that everyone but me seems to know about and use?

4 Likes

Wooden floor, using Gaia III under Dynaudio Heritage Specials on Stand 20. Very happy with the resulting improvement.

2 Likes

I had them so decided to use them on the stands as I have a laminate floor without it scratches even with shoes when it comes to moving them about. Also makes it more sturdy.

1 Like

Thanks! Simple enough to just mail them back if they don’t work for me.

Gaia fan here. Under my 805 D3’s.
On a heavy slate base as I have to have the speakers ‘parked’ most of the time, so the base makes it easier to slide them out.

Pluses? Pretty much everything as described in the thread. Bass; soundstage depth etc. Great little things. I like em.

Would like to try Podiums but my wife would not be amused by their looks.

3 Likes

I switched from standard spikes which I have been using for many years to the Isoacoustics Gaia last year. The Gaias are the first isolator I tried on loudspeakers. The differences are rather profound and not subtle, and in my system it’s an improvement rather than degradation of sound quality.

Before I bought the Gaias, I wrote to the manufacturer of the speakers which I own (Marten) and they recommended the Gaia isolators for the entire range. They found the Gaias to add sonic benefits to the sound after comparing them to standard spikes in various rooms and conditions. Marten have collaborated with Isoacoustics to come up with their own version of isolators based on Isoacoustics design (changes include larger size and Marten logo at the front) and the price of the Marten isolators are twice or thrice the Isoacoustics equivalent. The Marten isolators now come as standard for the higher range models.

2 Likes