It's Premium Bond day tomorrow. I'm going to win

Well talking of lotteries how crap are your Waitrose vouchers this week - always used to get a couple of £2.50-£3.00 ones. All 50p this week. Pants.

4 Likes

The £300 from 6 prizes was a welcome surprise this morning though tempered this afternoon by the double whammy of the poor Waitrose vouchers and the realisation that I would need Ernie to repeat that prize for another 56 months to purchase the new boxes announced by Naim today.

It’s now 3%, following an increase starting in the December draw. Not that the figure means that much, as in real terms almost everybody can expect to get less than that.
The distribution of prizes also changes from this month’s draw (Jan 2023). There are fewer of the smallest £25 prizes and more of the others.

That’s good. Wasn’t the minimum prize dropped from £50 to £25 some years ago?

£25 here. But £75 last month and £150 the month before. In these days of surpressed interest rates, I count myself very lucky :four_leaf_clover:!

2 Likes

Blimey, 100 squid on Premium Bonds this month, and now a tenner on the Postcode Lottery!

Best I get a ticket for tomorrow’s Eurosquillions Lottery, I’m thinking. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

There must be dud premium bonds numbers. I’ve got a few bought for me in 1954 as a christening present and won diddly squat.

As per my opening post, I won nothing. If my Maths are correct, ( they might not be), my holding of £1200 would give me a 1 in 20 chance of winning each month. Based on 24000 to 1 odds. I have been winning £25 about every two years, so about right I guess. I would need to get £32 per year to compete with my Savings account.

I have 4 options that come to mind:

1. Leave them alone.
  2. Move it to my Building Soc.
  3. Buy some new bits for my LP12.
  4. Take the money out and then reinvest after a short break to generate a new set of numbers.

My wife has discovered that she has 2 bonds, which I think means she should win £25 about every 1000 years.

1 Like

My mum advised me that my sister and I were each given £10 PB at our christening but, 60 years later, they’re lost. I contacted PB about this and they had no record. tbh I didn’t believe them, I think they needed to look harder but what can you do? A £10 PB with 60 years of draws (is that 720?) MUST have won at least once.

Not really. I know the chances of winning has changed over the years but it is currently about 1 in 24,000 each month. So a simplistic estimate of a win over 60 years is 720x10 / 24000.

1 Like

I usually win between £500 and £700 most years. I don’t smoke, gamble or drink (well only a tipple occasionally). So PBS are the only real gambling that I do. Interest returns are quite low, but I know that I can always get my stake back. And there is always the chance that I might hit the BIG ONE!. My annual winnings are set aside for more album purchases in December each year. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.