It's taken 20 years, but I have finally arrived

I’ve been using Peter at Cymbiosis for a number of years and both he and his team are very helpful.

I too, was looking at the TP Javelin, but ended up getting an ex-demo Eros SE. No regrets with that. I have the Keel and the Tangerine Karmen. I also have the Urika with the Chord Shawline, which is excellent.

My speakers are the Kudos Titan 606s, which Peter installed for me and later installed the Snaxo 242 active system.

2 Likes

Congratulations, great looking speakers and system. It must sound tremendous.
Never heard the Titans.

I know the feeling. I’m 71 and have been upgrading since 1974. I just bought my final speakers last month. They ended up being a 10-year-old pair of Tannoy DC10A’s. Enjoy the music!

6 Likes

Another Naim/Linn/Kudos fan here…

13 Likes

I wonder is the journey more fun than the destination? I get a lot of enjoyment out of planning each upgrade and figuring out how the new component changes the sound?

For you was the destination better than the journey?

Paul

@paul_quigley_ie I’m with you on the journey, would I have had the experiance, contacts, visits, demos, discustion if I had just walked in with the £££ and said I want the best system for X and then left???

in the 20 years of my ownership the I have enjoyed a lot of equipment and the music it gave me at the time, and then as budget allowed moving up through the chain until now when I have reached my current system

most of all enjoy the journey and the music

3 Likes

The Journey is the Destination.

3 Likes

“The road is better than the inn” —Cervantes

4 Likes

I like the looks of those.

@Antz - when are you going active… :grinning:

1 Like

had a brief conversation with @Cymbiosis back in the summer - one thing for sure you are in for a treat when yours arrive - the T505 are just lovely in every respect

I would need another fraim which I am thinking about at some point and then ask Peter to set up 2x 250DR active vs 300DR passive

one thing for sure @Cymbiosis active set up on the T808’s is an absolute musical joy

5 Likes

Surely 2 x 500s?!

1 Like

It would be interesting to hear 3x250 to compare with my 500 into 808s but I just don’t have the space. I could have done 2x300 into 707s (heard a dem and loved them) but it seemed to make more sense to jump to the 808s. But even 3x250s would be an extra couple of shelves and 3x300 an extra five!

2 Likes

I am very, very happy with the 300DR into the T505 great match

6 Likes

I have just realised my additional shelf numbers are understated by one in each case :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I thought I had… several times in fact! :wink::rofl: ATB Peter

1 Like

Just as an update on the Titans now they are settled, as ever been moving around the speakers slightly and now very happy with what could be the final position, due to the size of my room I have them with a slight toe in towards my chair they are about 12ft away and 6ft apart

Bass response is sublime, deep and crisp, mid range focus and muscial delivery is really quiet outstanding, the overall music they deliver is exceptional

I am keeping the grilles on Kudos are voiced with grillies fitted so I understand, Derek does use Naim

also I would highly reccomend the KS-1 cable speaker cable

I was playing Abbey Road remastered earlier in the week with a tier in my eye and one big smile on my face ! :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations on the 505’s. I’m sure they will give you many years of pleasure. How many hours do you have on them now ? I didnt experiment with positioning until my 606’s had about 100hrs on them.

Now I have them 25cm from the wall, 2m apart and listen from 3m. I dont toe them in and, like you, listen with grills on. They sound (and look) wonderful.

1 Like

collected them last Friday from @Cymbiosis

the speakers were owned by one of the team so already well run in and just needed to be warmed up after a month or so not used

really like the 606 - my room is just a little on the small side

4 Likes

Congratulations. The Kudos Titan 505s are fabulous speakers and will really complement the rest of your system.

2 Likes