Jazz Music Thread

@anon41143757
Finally got my round tooit
This one ordered along with the above
Cheers

:grinning:

4 Likes

Went on a hunt in the vaults for some Charli.
He drove most of those Dizzy United Nations Touring bands.

But this one will do nicely on Q
N

3 Likes

Recorded at Artesuono Recording Studios, Cavalicco (Udine), Italy
Engineered, mixed and mastered by Stefano Amerio.

3 Likes

A shame there was never a vol. 2.

6 Likes

The first two on the new Acoustic Sounds Verve reissue series now out.
I’ve ordered Louis Armstrong Oscar Peterson as a taster. Not sure if I want the Getz Gilberto …
062020Ume22

Complete MJQ Prestige And Pablo Recordings.

4 Likes

Thanks for the Camilla George tip - played it via Tidal and immediately ordered the vinyl from Juno. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard of her. How many more Trinity Laban virtuosos are there!

1 Like

Check out Christian Scott Axiom - proof if any were needed that jazz is best live, never the same twice etc.

Really propulsive playing in the main leavened by a dreamy version of CSN’s Guinevere and a few more pastoral passages.

Saw him 10 years ago in the open air in plaza Trinidad San Sebastian he kicked up a real storm and was very political. Support to Ron Carter’s Golden Striker trio who we’d really gone to see but for me were pallid in comparison.

Thank you. Found that on Qobuz (with a few blocks).
The early ones withKC sound quite good.I remember them from an Esquire 45 rpm.
JL ever the elegant pianist.
N

BTW Camilla George is on Ronnie Scott’s YouTube livestream on Monday from 7pm. The last couple have been v good - Ashley Henry and Byron Wallen. Enjoy

2 Likes

The Worls is a Paradise by Wes Montgomery ; most recently released
Recommended !

2 Likes

6 Likes

Bed time lullaby.
A wonderful, elderly gentleman playing his heart out.
On Q but my cd sounds a lot better.image
Night night.
N

4 Likes

Oh this is lovely.
Put those over exposed old miseries back in their lp covers and have a boogie.
Alan is the complete saxophone section and Art Theman gives his wonderful impression of a terrier destroying a squeaky soft toy.
Talking of terriers… Albert and I have just had a practise salsa around the room whilst waiting for the oven to warm.image
N
On Q

3 Likes

1 Like

Another excellent LP from the jazz at 33 1/3 series. I had never heard this album before so bought it out of curiosity. It features Tommy and Stanley Turrentine. I’ll be spinning this one again soon…

2 Likes

I owned this lp as a youngster and was much taken,after Gerry Mulligan’s quartet ,with the piano less format.
I then purchased the cd and was surprised how poor it sounded.Suppressed and muddy. Disappointed.
Does this lp have the wonderful open,slightly echo-y sound that I remember?
N

It is slightly on the bright side but sounds very spacious in that Mercury way - definitely not muddy! It’s a beautifully pressed LP too. I do wonder what the source and mastering details were.

I went in search on Qobuz but it wasn’t to be found but I did get easily sidetracked by this jewel.image
N

5 Likes