Jazz Music Thread

Hi @PatM; the Caravan album indeed is very good. Thanks for all the great recommendations=. Highly appreciated
Iver

1 Like

@Nick1940 I agree; tried the album. Very nice
Iver

Recommended: mainstreal jazz

4 Likes

Oi! Tubby, NO!
The one clunker in the Fontana box set, dodgy muzak stylings of pop songs.
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs sentencing for crimes against music!

:joy:

1 Like
10 Likes

Agreed!

Haha! Now I get what you were referring too re Simon Spillet and his comparison to the Palais De Danse Orchestra. The other orchestra/big band sets in the box I like though

1 Like

I must be in a minority but I actually quite like ‘The Orchestra’. :thinking:

3 Likes

Actually it’s not so bad if I play it with the mute button pressed!

2 Likes

Just arrived today; Lee Morgan’s The Cooker on vinyl, one of the Blue Note Tone Poet releases. Really good, and with excellent sound too…

11 Likes

3 Likes

And Lee Morgan was just 19 when he recorded it. Clearly there was no misspent youth for him.

3 Likes

And to think it was recorded in 1961. It’s a great recording of an exceptionally outstanding event.

2 Likes

GUIDO SANTONI | piano
DANILO GALLO | doublebass
U.T. GANDHI | drums
recorded and mixed by Stefano Amerio, Artesuono, Cavalicco (Udine)

1 Like

A very good recommendation indeed, just placed an order with a seller on Discogs for a copy.

1 Like

Jazz tuba from Theon Cross (including Moses Boyd on drums) on his album Fyah. Another great young talent and the recording from Gearbox is, as usual, outstanding.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Even though I don’t like all songs (i.e. The first track), this is an excellent album: Lee Morgen and Hank Mobley

Iver

3 Likes

This to me shows why « live recordings » are so nice. It is if you are part of the audience. Greatly enjoy the wonderful album. Very well recorded also !
Ben Webster

Iver

3 Likes

Oh dear. Another one off to the sunny uplands. I think I have a full Arkester waiting for me now.

As I just told a friend regardless of the Atlantic Ocean he was the best.
I first came across him as a young spotty boy in the Johnnie Dankworth Band Sunday nights at the Marquee in Oxford Street.We were the same age.

For me. As good as will ever get.
British henrybebop.co.uk site heaps praise.
Unimpressed by Qobuz offerings.
Buggar!
N

1 Like