Jazz Music Thread

Indeed. Those were the days when you actually had live jazz on the telly.

2 Likes

A lovely reminder. Wonderful facial expressions. I am sure he used to talk to the bass whilst playing.
Brian Dee another favourite who I would like to hear again.
Jim a mere youngster.
Thanks.
N

Brian Dee too also a regular on ‘Sounds of Jazz’. By coincidence, I saw Len Skeat and Brian Dee about 5 years ago as part of a Billie Holliday tribute which included Alan Barnes.

2 Likes

I remember one early 80s gig at Ronnie Scott’s where they were filming Woody Herman and the camera was literally at my back, for a 30 minute show within a show. It went out live and I never saw it - nor to my knowledge has it ever been rebroadcast !

1 Like

Yet another excellent piece by Richard Williams from his bluemoment blog - Wes Montgomery and (unknown to me) Martial Solal

3 Likes

The Wes Montgomery NDR Hamburg Studio Recordings album, referenced in the article, now streaming on Qobuz via Roon…

Also see @GeoffC’s post…

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave

6 Likes

Continuing the Wes Montgomery groove…

Dave

13 Likes

Pat Metheny’s favourite album (apparently).

1 Like

And I think on physical formats from Resonance?
:heart:

Incredible Jazz Guitar

9 Likes

Oh yes, this is good. Released this week
Iver

3 Likes

Was anyone able to compare the sound quality of the half-speed remaster with the original ? If so, I’d love to hear your comments.

1 Like

I did too - we might have bumped into each other !

Playlist tonight
Iver

5 Likes

Can’t stop; lovely listening evening
These are superb; brilliantly recorded as well
Iver

9 Likes

A classic…

Sounding mighty fine streaming on Qobuz via Roon.

Enjoy

Dave

4 Likes

I’ve recently been enjoying ‘Samba de Maracutu’ by percussionist/drummer Joe Chambers

3 Likes

Just as classic.

Wonderful stuff.

N

5 Likes

Agreed. Recorded the following day.

Dave

No, I dont own an original. On it’s own merit I think it sounds fine, I doubt anyone would be disappointed with SQ or pressing