What releases are you looking forward to

Does anyone know what the thinking is behind making these releases limited in number? Is to generate interest? It seems odd when these items could be sold many times over. Most audiophile releases tend to be limited in number as well and many are soon sold out. On the audiophile releases, are they limited because there is a limit imposed by the original record company as part of the licensing deal?

Think it’s to generate interest which is odd as I would have thought there’s always been interest in Bowie’s work. Problem is it’s just pissing people off. I don’t believe Bowie would approve.

5 Likes

To make people to panic and spend money to complete there collection
It’s the fear off not having a complete collection they play on, its all about making money

2 Likes

But they could clearly make more by not limiting the release.

1 Like

I managed to get the tee shirt and hopefully they’ll release it on HD Tracks. :frowning:

Wes Montgomery - The NDR Hamburg Studio Recordings / CD + 34 minute Blu-ray of rehearsal

Released 2 April 2021 / recording from April 1965

7 Likes

Dave Holland - Another Land
Released 28 May 2021

Trio with guitarist Kevin Eubanks, and drummer Obed Calvaire

3 Likes

50th anniversary edition with 10 extra tracks (on vinyl too)

The extra tracks are as follows, all recorded at Fillmore West, San Francisco (7/2/71)

1. GOOD LOVIN’ [17:47]
  2. SING ME BACK HOME [10:16]
  3. MAMA TRIED [3:08]
  4. CRYPTICAL ENVELOPMENT> [2:25]
  5. DRUMS> [5:13]
  6. THE OTHER ONE [15:51]
  7. BIG BOSS MAN [5:27]
  8. NOT FADE AWAY> [3:57]
  9. GOIN’ DOWN THE ROAD FEELING BAD [9:39]
  10. NOT FADE AWAY [2:35]"
14 Likes

Andrew Hill’s ‘lost’ 1969 Blue Note album Passing Ships. Tone Poet edition due out early May on pre-order. Well I live in hope!

5 Likes

John Grant - Boy From Michigan. New album announced from John Grant, released on 25th June across multiple formats, inc a swish boxset.

5 Likes

This would have been posted already. A matter of a few weeks now.

6 Likes

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

New Billy Gibbons album “Hardware” released June 4th.

2 Likes

Yes, got that on pre-order myself. I know you can find most of it if not all on t’net but hopefully it’s a nice package,

Received an another email from the Bowie site overnight with the heading “handpicked just for you”. Followed the link to find 2 of the Bowie live CDs as the first 2 items, obviously I want them and guess what neither were in stock. This is a joke how these live albums are being marketed. Sent another email (they still haven’t replied to the first) giving them a serve and requesting to be taken off their mailing list. Think they’re treating fans with contempt.

1 Like

Daniel Lanois - Heavy Sun. Already released in certain countries on 19th March, released in the UK 2nd April.

heavysun_digi2

2 Likes

Hi @Gazza do you know where I can pre order this one? Thanks in advance. Steve.

Sorry no idea yet…would like to as well, will post when i know
Crash records…£24.99 vinyl, cd is £12.99

TBH, I can’t really see the point of this release. It’s way too much (musically and financially) for any casual jazz listener, and any devoted jazz listener is likely to own most of the material anyway.

1 Like