Jazz Music Thread

Or for something a little less challenging…

The Alan Broadbent Trio’s previous Savant release, ‘New York Notes’ (SCD2166), received rave reviews in the international press. The Guardian wrote, “The bubbling stream of notes is both unpredictable and inevitable, and following its twists and turns is a joy.” Couleurs Jazz (France) proclaimed, “Behold! A precious gem of a jazz recording.”

“Trio in Motion” finds Broadbent, Billy Mintz and Harvie S reunited in the pianist’s New York apartment-studio recording music that is spontaneous, surprising, possessing a sly humour and emotionally involving.

Broadbent received two Grammy awards and has collaborated with Natalie Cole (Unforgettable), Herbie Hancock, Sonny Rollins, Diana Krall and Paul McCartney. Each tune on the setlist is imbued with a warm intimacy and the refreshing, slightly piquant glow of intensity which warms both the listener’s heart and mind.

Personnel: Alan Broadbent (piano), Harvie S (acoustic bass), Billy Mintz (drums)

Enjoy

Dave

6 Likes

Good band, good music !

1 Like

A lovely Teo Macero production - 2-Eye vinyl.

7 Likes

Déjà Vu. However my vinyl copy bit the dust a long time ago. :grinning:

Dave

Don’t miss this one … super nice
Iver

6 Likes

5 Likes

Nice one-
The Columbia Years 1955–1985 compilation. blues, standards, originals, moods and electric by tha master.

5 Likes

Today’s ‘play it again and again if you like’image
Sounds quite splendid on Quobuz and hopefully it will not be too long before such events can be staged again.
N

3 Likes

I dont have many Scott Hamilton albums but this is a favourite with my redoubtable namesake on bass. :grinning:

Dave

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Peach of a cover of this Monk track.

2 Likes

Forgotten how good this is:

7 Likes

I’ve just posted this in the WAYLTAWMABI thread, but it need to go here too. If you like guitar playing of the highest order, Larry Coryell will need no introduction. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Having an Oscar Peterson day. This one is live and lively, with some of my favourite tunes, like Jordu, Con Alma and Cubano Chant.

6 Likes

Something for everyone?

Enjoy

Dave

1 Like

A little off topic, but this morning I saw Lee Morgan’s documentary “I Called Him Morgan” on Netflix. I knew little about him other than what I read on this thread and other forums about Blue Note’s Tone Poet. I have Cornbread (Tone Poet), The Siderwinder (classic vinyl series) and I found this document very good. Very interesting, but very sad story. I recommend it if anyone is a fan of him or of the Jazz era. More than an hour and a half of beautiful images and confessions … The vision and comments are yours. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Good tip thanks, shot at 33 years old, :disappointed:

Shame it’s not more widely available.

Dave

Is on NETFLIX

Well yes but not everyone has Netflix. :grinning:

Dave