Jazz Music Thread

It’s brilliant and must agree Dread

1 Like

. VERB

If you backtrack on a statement or decision you have made, you do or say something that shows that you no longer agree with it or support it.

“I dont listen to Jazz from the 50’s & 60’s”
:wink:

Dreadattcontrols, my English is not very nuanced. I should have written something like “ I very rarely listen to jazz from 60’s …”
Even if I like the Cat, I prefer the live album from 1974 . I have it on lp. Such a great album.

Until now I hadn’t heard of R+R=Now.
I havent heard it either, but as far as reviews go, the album Collagically Speaking appears to have been reasonably well recieved by critics.
:heart:

That is the very definition of “Backtracking”. Now The Cat is out of the bag, do please share any other albums from the 50’s & 60’s that you like. :wink:

I appreciate that English is not your first language, so the phrase pulling your leg may get lost in translation.

1 Like

Some, from memory: maiden voyage/ Hancock, Kind of blue, Hendrix Lambert Ross, Lonnie Smith, Jimmy Smith, Lalo Schiffrin, Dizzy Gillespie…

1 Like

The truth is finally out! Frenchrooster evidently does listen to Jazz from the 50’s & 60’s, thus rests the case for the prosecution M’Lud!

:wink:

1 Like

Your investigation is over! If you come to visit me, you will discover less than 10 lps from the 60’s. :joy::joy:
But I listen :laughing:

1 Like

You have been found guilty as charged. Despite incontrovertible evidence and your own testimony, you continue to protest your innocence and have shown no remorse, therefore you leave me no option but to sentence you to life imprisonment with hard listening to Louis Armstrong and no dinner.
Take him down!

1 Like

Soft sentence sir, thanks ! I will listen to « what a beautiful world « in my jail and think at how the sky is beautiful.

1 Like

20210215_184815
:grin:

1 Like

Listening now to Ruby Rushton. Thanks Dreadattctrl for that discover, on the live Jazz Refreshed Kaleidoscope album posted above.

1 Like

Some interesting selections in this article.
Focusing on the 68 to 75 period.

Jazz, not Jazz?

Fantastic !! Herbie Hancock would be proud. Great Butterfly interpretation.

1 Like

Discover this night on Bandcamp :

Hammond organ, in the Jimmy Smith wave.

So 70’s! Uk group.

Just listened to this 1978 album while working out.

Bags of talent and experimental verve on display.

Good recording.

But…

It’s the worst Bley, Peacock album I’ve ever heard.

There is no direction and no centre to it.

1 Like

You certainly know how to sell it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

In the same line of thought. Didn’t know this one yet and don’t think I will listen to it a lot :sunglasses:

3 Likes

One for the elderly.
Wonderful what you can find opening boxes on Quobuz.
A life long fan of Al… this I never knew existed.
Good support from a British crowd and reasonable sound.image

N

2 Likes

It’s good try something new occasionally!

1 Like