Jazz Music Thread

I’m considering getting either Herbie Hancock’s Takin Off or his My Point of View on BN vinyl. Does anyone have a view in the respective musical merits of these. My Point of View is a Tone Poet release so more expensive.

1 Like

Hi @BertBird , I listened again to EasyTude today. Wow, the more I listen the more I like it … superbly relaxing and a wonderful listen. AH, I might soon listen to it from an ND555 instead of my NDX-2 :slight_smile: #NewStreamerOnOrder
Iver

2 Likes

Playlist today with music from my own country, and an album with super acoustic guitar jazz
Iver

2 Likes

1 Like

To be honest get them both, you wont be disappointed
:heart:

Malcolm Griffiths obituary | Jazz | The Guardian

What wise advice! Actually I have ordered My Point of View on the grounds that it is more likely to disappear.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just curious, but why not both, are you skint? :wink:

20210427_185041 Changing Lives With Music

Meet Gary Crosby and Janine Irons, a couple mentoring the artists of the future. Together they founded Tomorrow’s Warriors, an organisation devoted to nurturing aspiring jazz musicians. Over the past three decades, they’ve supported thousands of artists on their journey to becoming professional musicians - never once charging a penny for their time or expertise. Today their alumni are some of the most exciting names in British Jazz. To learn more about Tomorrow’s Warriors and to support the work they do in the community head to www.tomorrowswarriors.org/support

06 Apr 2021 · 38 minutes

pod.link/wright

Episode 26: [26] Developing the next generation of jazz musicians – with Janine Irons and Gary Crosby of Tomorrow’s Warriors - Music for Education & Wellbeing | Podcast on Spotify

Tomorrow’s Warriors at 30 - the power behind London’s jazz revival | Evening Standard

The Tone Poets are not limited editions to my knowledge, so shouldn’t be a problem with availability (hopefully).

That Buck Clayton CBS Jam Sessions is a corking set and the sound quality on the CDs is superb. In fact, just about to dig out my copy right now ! :sunglasses:

My copy came from the horse’s mouth (aka Mr Cuscuna) when he sold off his spares some years ago.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m attempting to exercise self-control - and you’re a bad influence around these parts. I saw all the Toots albums you had bought on the Reggae thread the other day and was wondering how they were, given they were all MoV pressings - another slippery slope!

I believe that’s the theory but they do seem to disappear.

1 Like

Fantastic and relaxing album. I really like it. Get a glass of some liquid, listen and enjoy.

1 Like

5 Likes

Congratulations - you will love the ND555 and want to listen to your whole collection, if you go from surprise to surprise…and on some point in time you will feel the urge to get your 2nd ps…

1 Like