Revisiting Tanglewood 63 The Early Tapes

:heart:

3 Likes

Ran it twice this evening
Lovely !

Iver

1 Like

Tidal playlist

There is a picture on the Tidal app but is doesn’t transfer across to the Naim app.

I agree, it needs minimum a couple of listenings.
This one too is very appreciable

4 Likes

I was saddened to read of the death of George Mraz. I think he had been poorly for some time and died in Prague. He was Czech.
A favourite of many pianists,especially Tommy Flanagan and Hank Jones.He appeared on those wonderful Verve records with Jimmy Rowles under Zoot Sims leadership.

N

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I missed this. Will give Vertical Reality by Jerry Bergonzi (Mike Stern, Andy LaVerne, Billy Hart) a listen today. Followed by Galliano’s New York Tango.

That’s sad news about George Mraz - RIP. I did get to see him with Hank Jones once. A very compatible pairing.

Just launched on Qobuz
Wonderful Stacey Kent album. What a timing this lady brings in her songs!

Iver

4 Likes

Very sad. I often play his ‘My Foolish Heart’ album, with Richie Beirach and Billy Hart.

Jon Faddis brilliant in trumpet

Iver

4 Likes

5 Likes

Shhhhh. I am watching a copy on eBay at the moment.
Several others of interest as well.
Sometimes I am lucky but they are keenly sought after.
N

1 Like

Tidal playlist. Count Basie piano solos.

1 Like

Playing some other albums, Roon suddenly suggested below. It is a fantastic album: piano jazz which is very « easy in the ear » ; super performances as well

Iver

2 Likes

I had already selected two out of the racks for my bedtime gin and jazz.

The one with Zoot is a monster.
N

3 Likes

Thanks @ivdz Didn’t find that one in Qobuz but few others. Listened to this, really good. Recommended.

2 Likes

Itanian pianist from Sicily: soft and elegant, his declared reference is Bill Evans. To be listened

3 Likes

Good band led by a classy guitarist I didn’t know.

3 Likes

brilliant album with Adderly and Jackson

Iver

9 Likes

Sunday evening and gently sliding out of the weekend with this wonderful album of one of my favorites: Coleman Hawkins

Iver

4 Likes