Jazz Music Thread

I think you are right @jazzman22 ! The album I posted was launched n Qobuz this week. Indeed most likely a re-issue

Thanks
Iver

1 Like

I can’t find it on Qobuz but it was on Spotify.

Dave

1 Like

This just in. Something for the weekend…

8 Likes

Mine arrived today . :+1:

1 Like

That is an excellent Coltrane album.

2 Likes

A very fine collection of tunes.

3 Likes

May I ask which vendor?

Of course - I pre-ordered this on Amazon, just before Xmas I believe

2 Likes

Two old masters trying to nail each other’s arses to the wall.
If like me,you are not up to Coltrane,you should find a half hour of pleasure here.
Impulse/Thiele so sounds fine.
Jones/Hinton/Johnson on rhythmic duties.
Paul right,Sonny left speakers.
On Q.
OR

Battling Booker Ervin. Separated by Don Patterson.
Sonny Right hand corner.
On Q.

3 Likes

Jackie McLean - It’s Time

I’m just listening to this on Qobuz, trying to decide if I can justify buying the Tone Poet release.

6 Likes

Treat yourself!

5 Likes

Course you can!
:heart:

The trouble is I know I’ll play it a few times, then put in the racks and probably won’t touch it again for 10 years.

It’s a great album with a great lineup. Joe Harley and Kevin Gray did a wonderful job mastering the Tone Poet version.

1 Like

Superb, just superb!
…has it all, Alan Dawson takes five and some. Just Lovin’ this live recording this evening.

4 Likes

@Nick1940 Hey Nick, for me Sonny Stitt was unknown so I played of the albums you suggested. Thank you; I discovered again an artist that plays really to “my taste” …. Wonderful music he makes

Love this thread

Iver

1 Like

Sonny Stitt was awesome. I got to see him play when he did a week at a local club in the early 80s. I went down to hear him almost every night he was there, and got to talk to him one night between sets.

2 Likes

I’ve just posted this on the What Are You Listening To thread, but thought I’d mention it here too. The track After the Rain was played yesterday evening on BBC Radio 3’s J to Z programme, and I wanted to hear it again. This album is a collection of four tracks, two of which are taken from the November ‘61 Village Vanguard dates. Truly wonderful jazz.

5 Likes

Mam Waldron is new for me. Worth a try !
Iver

Mal Waldron, The Quest with Eric Dolphy from 1962, and the trio album Impressions from 1959 are classic Mal. Both on the New Jazz (Prestige) label. Also with Eric Dolphy as leader, At The Five Spot. Lots of good Mal from the 60s. I’m less familiar with his later stuff, although I have a couple albums. Finally, the very first ECM album ever #1001 is Mal Waldron’s Free At Last.

2 Likes