Jazz Music Thread

‘After the Rain’ on that CD and ‘Don’t take Your Love From Me’ (the RVG remaster) recorded earlier (1958) and released on Standard Coltrane in 1962 are the two JC ballads on my system Test playlist.

2 Likes

The Dolphy at the Five Spot set (originally over three albums, but available as a double set now) is an absolute classic, notwithstanding the out of tune piano!

2 Likes

I have that old Prestige three-record set, as well as the very nice AP reissue of Vol. 1. It is a classic, I agree.

Out of tune pianos on live jazz albums of the period are par for the course.

Monday is housework day. Boogie with the duster.
More two tenor cheer from a pair of mates.
Horace Parlan is our pianist.
Al to the right and Zoot with soprano to the left.
Recording clear but a little ‘boxy’
On Qobuz

2 Likes

The ever tuneful Art Farmer

2 Likes

Do you pay a sub to All Music or just allow them to have tracking rights?

I don’t pay anything to All Music, but I reject all cookies. What are tracking rights?

Ok, thanks.

I tried that but get very intrusive messages from them popping up which make the site hard to use.

By ‘tracking rights’ I just meant allowing them to install cookies on your device that track your activity snd monetise the data.

I’d like to get full access to Thom Jurek’s reviews.

But I’m not sure how to check what’s on there before paying them for a subscription?

I don’t get any pop up messages. Besides, if they were tracking my music interests, so what? Anyone could view my music interests by looking at this or other music and guitar player forums I use.

I’m not aware of any way to search for reviews by a specific reviewer. I only find out who submitted the review when I’m reading the review of any particular album.

The reviews on AMG are, i believe, the same as those accessed by the Naim app.

Yes, if they just look at what you do on their site that would be fine.

I think in the small print some cookies for some sites may give them rights to track where you browse on other sites too?

Anyway, even if they do that it may be worth it for me to access the site fully.

I’ve checked what it says about paid subscription. It seems you’d benefit from ad free access, improved speed and the chance to check out new features in advance - none of which seems of value to me, particularly when I use the site so infrequently.

1 Like

Thanks Clive.

I’ll probably just allow cookies :cookie:….

A video has been released of John McLaughlin with the 4th Dimension playing the track El Hombre Que Sabia from his forthcoming album, The Montreux Years, due for release on 4 March. El Hombre Que Sabia, meaning ‘the man who knew’, is dedicated to his late friend Paco De Lucia.

3 Likes

Wonderful; Domnerius has a real unique “signature” on this music
Iver

1 Like

Look at these gigs that are on the Continent!

If only I was at leisure…

Hang on, there’s one there in London in May…

Also a Tord Gustavsen UK tour in May:

Oop North.

@TimOopNorth
@Cohen1263

2 Likes

I so badly want to see Anouar Brahem in concert. He’s one of my favorite contemporary ECM artists. I suppose chance of him coming to St. Louis are none to null. :frowning:

2 Likes

Simples!

Just move to Blighty…

Didn’t William Burroughs live in St. Louis late in life?

I would love to see Anna Lechner live.

And Jon Balke.