Jazz Music Thread

That bike is a beauty. I ordered a Moots custom built titanium bike last July and my dealer tells me Moots says the frame will be done in a week.

1 Like

Getting back to jazz… :roll_eyes:

Just cracking open the new Ornette Coleman ‘Round Trip’ box on Blue Note. Excellent sound.

2 Likes

Is this sufficiently jazzy?

1 Like

A delightful blues.

6 Likes

The Blue Note recordings are among of my favourite. Top drawer. :grinning:

Dave

1 Like

A long time favourite. Texier never makes a bad record.

3 Likes

Tickets for the Tord tour are going on sale at a couple of the venues now so I am sure Leeds will be there soon. Sometimes the ECM site will be told by the artist/artist manager about the dates before the local promoters are ready to promote. He also has a new Trio album out in April, so the tour ties in nicely to promote it…

2 Likes

The timing of the piano is masterful on this old recording.

3 Likes

1 Like

For me one of his best albums: Ahmad Jamal
Iver

3 Likes

Free - Benny Golson Quartet. Recorded on Boxing Day of 1962 (could be why PJJ was no show?)!!
quote from Mosaic booklet (B. Blumenthal):
Pianist Tommy Flanagan had played with Golson before; bassist Ron Carter was selected to provide a different approach for the leader; and drummer Art Taylor was a replacement for Philly Joe Jones, who was due to play, but did not go to the studio.

Miles Davis Quintet - The Bootleg Series Vol. 5

1 Like

This is a nice simple playing of some familiar tunes.

1 Like

Arguably, Joe Pass’ two greatest albums are For Django, which just got a beautiful Tone Poet reissue, and Virtuoso, a fabulous solo effort on the Pablo label. Both are first-rate guitar jazz classics.

7 Likes

I’ve just added these to my Presets.

I’ve heard heard either of them.

I do love Joe Pass - I mainly know some of his work with Oscar Peterson on Qobuz and some great videos on YT.

Thanks
Jim

1 Like

Looking forward to this Tone Poet. I pre-ordered on Amazon back in January, but delivery date is delayed until Mar-April. Hearing great reviews about it.

1 Like

It’s currently in stock at Juno records for delivery tomorrow/Monday

2 Likes

I think the last track on this excellent album - Catalan Suite - is a masterpiece.

After 6 mins the pianist and drummer (Tootie Heath) have a call and response where Heath does 4 short, tight, crisp drum solos.

At 14 mins the song enters a faster phase leading to a longer brilliant tight drum solo that takes the theme forwards again.

1 Like

Sublime piano-jazz on ECM label
Extremely detailed and hollistic recording
Iver

11 Likes

Mellow Saturday night

9 Likes