Jazz Music Thread

Love this album ,excellent sound

15 Likes

This is also a great album

5 Likes

This ine by Arnett Cobb has it all; rusty, no-nonsense jazz in a fantastic scenery and live
Iver

2 Likes

Oh agree with you @Meni fantastic album by Ike Quebec; one of his best
Iver

3 Likes

Lords of good stuff on here including a majestic Manalyuca by McCoy Tyner.

3 Likes

Just spinning the new release from Binker Golding “Dream Like A Dogwood Wild Boy”. More mainstream than some of his other outings but still very enjoyable.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll listen today. Personally I loved Abstractions of Reality Past and Incredible Feathers, so sounds like this one’s in the same vein.

Spinning my old LP copy of this one, I got to see him play much of the material from this live in 1990.

Refresher course for the 1983 Montreal release out tomorrow.

7 Likes

One of their finest, as far as I’m concerned
Iver

6 Likes

Relaxin’ indeed
Iver

3 Likes

Can I ask for some advice from the experts here?
I am looking to buy a copy of John Coltrane My Favourite Things on vinyl. There are a confusing array available- is there a consensus as to the best one - as in mastering and SQ etc?
Thank you

Another recommendation for this.

I still like their Hamburg album most, but almost all the albums are jewels for me.

1 Like

Oh this one is nice ! Thank you Roon algoritm !
Iver

2 Likes

This one by Coleman Hawkins is in my all time favorites. What a jewel. On Impulse! Label
Iver

7 Likes

Takes me a bit to get used to and form an opinion. I haven’t made up my mind though
Worth a listen though
On Bluenote
Iver

2 Likes

A track from a new album by Mark de Clive Lowe, based on Pharoah Sanders tunes

3 Likes

When I listened to the first 1-2 minutes I was questioning myself if this would be exciting, but at the end of the album, I just can only recommend it……

3 Likes

Just released
Iver

4 Likes

Hi @BertBird I listened to thecAribRiskanen (new for me). To my perception, already a bit more complex music, but I like it. It is one that requires more “active” listening. Nice (and very well recorded)

Iver