Jazz Music Thread

Yes it’s not music to have running and just enjoy, it requires your engagement…., but sometimes it grooves like nothing before. I was not sure when I started the first number which took some time to unfold….

1 Like

Enjoying this RSD 2LP reissue of a couple of Timeless LPs from the 70s. Caught this band in performance a year or two after these were released.

3 Likes

Gently sliding out of the weekend with this one
Go listen; it’s nice
Iver

3 Likes

Lucky you. Here in the US, this release has been pushed back. It was supposed to be in the June drop but it wasn’t.

Released earlier this week on Qobuz
Strong performance

Iver

2 Likes

This album brings a fantastic - rather cosy & warm - atmosphere

Iver

3 Likes

Nice album.

1 Like

Excellent,her last recording,very sad
Folder

1 Like

My “friend” the Roon algorithm again: brilliant choices base on some Scott Hamilton records I played this morning

Iver

4 Likes

The remastered sound makes a good album even better

13 Likes

Oh this is a JEWEL !!
Iver

1 Like

Thanks to Roon for recommending and the Guardian for the review…

Enjoy

Dave

3 Likes

One of my favourite Scott Hamilton recordings. :grinning:

Dave

Thought that was Mozza gone all jazz!

Always a fan of the Dave Brubeck Quartet I stumbled across this album - one of three - that substitutes Paul Desmond with the composer and amazing clarinet player Bill Smith. Also known as William O Smith and a founder member of Brubeck’s Octet many of his compositions are played on this album - ‘Near - Myth’ and the other two ‘Brubeck a la Mode’ and ‘Riddles’. They are all on Qobuz but I am playing at present a German OJC vinyl reissue from the 80s. I love Desmond’s relaxed clarinet sound by Bill Smith is something else imho.

1 Like

Hey @melomane100 thanks for the recommendation !! Just tried the Brubeck - Near Myth album. It’s stunning

Iver

4 Likes

Is this available to stream? Unable to find it on Qobuz and Apple Music.

Quite good

4 Likes

I found it on Apple Music