Jazz Music Thread

Glad it’s not just me. I tried this several times and it just failed to keep my attention.
I like several of his other recordings.

1 Like

Be sure to listen to, “The Art of the Balkan Bass” it is equally as good and another great test of a systems bass capabilities as well as imaging. It feels like it’s in the room with you!

1 Like

Thanks for this ine @A-Fin !!

This sorts a system out. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Huge Hubbard fan here, but I pass on this album. For me: not too difficult, just a bit too predictable. I can name numerous of his albums, or where he joins that I prefer. Listening to Straight Life right now, 70s stuff. But even an early True Blue of Tina Brooks I enjoy very much.

1 Like

. . . loved it, thank you for that.

1 Like

This album by Cyrus Chestnut is lovely; swing!ng piano-jazz with a very string bass-player !

Iver

5 Likes

This « SuperBlue - The London Sessions » by Kurt Elling & Charlie Hunter is super funky. Very foot-tapping jazz if you know what I mean. The live atmosphere really shines in this one
Iver

4 Likes

Three of my favourite tenor players on two sessions.
Charlie is the starting warmer sounding. Paul more whispery and sounding like his mentor Pres.
By now you should be able to sort out Charlie and Frank.
Nothing startling just very good jazz rescued by Jordi Pujol from oblivion.
On Qobuz.

1 Like

Acoustic sounds

2 Likes

No-nonsense simple jazz but very enjoyable and stunningly recorded
Iver

2 Likes

Good overview.

2 Likes

Hi @Nick1940 just tried your Paul Quinichette recommendation. Very nice album and thanks for posting. Strong jazz that’s very easy on the ear. I like it a lot. Gonna listen some more of his albums.

Iver

Snorre Kirk for me is one of the best artists out there; all of his albums are a joy to listen with very nice compositions. Here is one of his 2018 albums. Recommended
Iver

2 Likes

Thank you Roon algorithm: listening to Snorre Kirk led to this. Very nice
Iver

Not sure what to think of Donald Byrd’s Mustang album. It has some very good parts, but also sections that are a bit too apparent and almost noisy to my ears

The Jimmy Smith one is a recommendation though. Very « bluesy ». I mistend to the re-master by Rudy Van Gelder which is available in Qobuz even at 192khz

Iver

5 Likes

Fun listening in good sound.

2 Likes

Sit and enjoy
Iver

Try Midnight Special Recorded at the same session.
Recommended. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

@Skeptikal oh yeah, I know that one. Nice !!
Iver

1 Like