Jazz Music Thread

Art Pepper - Today

@krautnaimie if you don’t know the album, check it out, it’s very nice IMO.

6 Likes

Interesting, let’s see.

Getting a second play. Just wonderful :grin:

8 Likes

Absolutely love this.

3 Likes

Thanks @Blacknote I will :+1:

1 Like

So beautifully played imo.

3 Likes

@MrDom

Mr Dom, I recommend you get yourself one of these Penguin guides to jazz (one of those in the bottom row - the more recent publications on the right). The Gramophone guide to jazz (top right) offers a more focused selection. These will help guide you through your exploration of the genre. They’re excellent bedtime reading too! I’m not sure if the Penguin guide is still in publication after one of the reviewers died, but you should still be able to get a copy on eBay or other sites.

6 Likes

I would also add to those The Rough Guide To Jazz, not sure if they still in print and if so what edition there now up to

1 Like

Funnily enough @Clive i was just thinking about this the other day.
Your timing is impeccable if I may say so :smile:

The late, great, Mulgrew Miller, recorded on February 2, 2004, and only recently released.

Streaming via Qobuz/Roon.

Enjoy

Dave

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to Keith Jarrett for a long time. I’m not his biggest fan, however I’m starting the morning with this.

Let’s see if I enjoy it :thinking:

Edit: :fist_left: in my face :see_no_evil:

Keith’s playing here is sooooo beautiful. What was I thinking. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous :musical_keyboard:

9 Likes

:cold_sweat:

1 Like

Art Pepper Among Freinds

2 Likes

Enjoyed The Köln Concert so much, I’m staying with Keith :musical_keyboard: :grin:

4 Likes

Offering the un-dead a slot.

They are out there waiting to be given a chance.

A young pianist with two fine old fashioned hands who has three well recorded cds on Qobuz.

4 Likes

May I suggest this one too?
Keith Jarrett Trio - Tokyo '96

9 Likes

I had a copy of the Penguin guide (1st one of the left side of the bottom row) and it was a great help when I started listening to jazz. I would imagine one of these books together with a streaming service would make it so much easier to explore the music these days.

10 Likes

Just dropped through the letterbox :grin:

9 Likes

4 Likes