Jazz Music Thread

Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette - My Foolish Heart. Montreux Jazz Fest July 22, 2001

6 Likes

Good call. I especially love his take on Ain’t Misbehavin’ and Honeysuckle Rose.

Dave

See also Keith Jarrett 75 - A Sequence by Manfred Eicher

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Folk Jazz?
Perhaps not. Nonetheless, worth a spin me thinks.

5 Likes

Thank you Narcom not heard this one but I do know another excellent record on Soul Note very well featuring Charlie haden, Billy Higgins and Enrico Pieranunzi and Chet Baker too.
I love this record and was really pleased to get a copy last year even if it was a later reissue still sounds beautiful.

Silence_(Charlie_Haden_album)

8 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Some soulful jazz from the super cool Gene Ammons.

1 Like

6 Likes

art pepper meets the rhythm section

physical copy just arrived - sounds ‘in the room’ - incredible - I enjoyed this so much

15 Likes

I have read that this is from upcoming full concert release sometime in the Autumn. Always love a new Jarrett concert being released but this would be strange as so close to the Munich show released last year.

Stéphan Oliva piano
Claude Tchamitchian double bass
Jean-Pierre Jullian drums

1 Like

It is four concerts before the Munich show, so as you say very close. Thing is Jarrett really likes this particular Budapest show so hence it is getting a release.

7 Likes

A fantastic record and you are right it puts you right in front of those incredible jazz men.

1 Like