Jazz Music Thread

I streamed this the other day and thought it was OK, but good enough that I would want to spend money on it otherwise.

1 Like

Toe tappin, pratty listen.
Well recorded and mixed.

6 Likes

Very enjoyable.

2 Likes

I have the older AP 45 analog reissue of this. At first I was somewhat excited for the new reissue on 33, until I realized (1) discs two and three have no new material; rather, just alt takes of the original disc, and (2) it’s mastered from digital source anyway. Oh, well.

Discovering the artist Wolfgang Haffner this morning playing some of below albums. Piece by piece they are master pieces. Highly enjoyable arrangements, and superbly recorded. The album Silent World is a collaboration with Dominic Miller

Enjoy listening
Iver

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of jazz, I’ve tried but don’t just get it. R4 this morning was talking to Emma Smith:

It’s a pleasant album that Qobuz followed up with this, which I had not heard before. It must be a classic.

1 Like

Only listened to Kind of tango, very refined but at the same time with a very pleasant impact. The next one will be Kind of cool. I knew Haffner for his collaborations with Paolo Fresu. :+1:

1 Like

Enjoy

Dave

I did notice the entendre after typing but left it.

I thought someone would comment and they did.

1 Like

Having trouble trying to find album collaborations by this two muscians.
Can you help?
Dave

Paolo Fresu’s collaboration is the one with Lars Danielsson you mentioned, not with Wolfgang Haffner. I apologize for the confusion, probably age-related jokes.

Very relaxing !

3 Likes

Classy piano.

3 Likes

New hi-res (FLAC), release on Tidal - toe-tapping stuff.

4 Likes

I just got the new vinyl reissue of this. Sounds great on AAA remastered vinyl.

1 Like

Highly recommended in the style of the like of Alboran Trio and Trioscense….
Also cheap to acquire…, 11 or 12 euros at 7digital, but also not hugely expensive at Qobuz.

4 Likes

Just finished listening to this excellent concert celebrating 30 years of E.S.T. As fans will know Esbjörn Svensson tragically died young in a diving accident. Bass and drums are original members and on fine form. Bravely someone new to me Joel Lyssarides on piano stool. Young Swedish born after E.S.T. formed. 3 other talented guests join. Really worth checking out. From October this year so should be available a couple months or so.

1 Like

Just released…

Streaming on Quboz.

Enjoy

Dave

2 Likes

Just listening right now. Excellent recommendation.

1 Like

Version I and II were good but this version III album Unifony is even better. What an album !!
Iver

2 Likes