Jazz Music Thread

I stumbled upon this interview some months ago, what a great interaction between Oscar and the presenter. Rick does add even more enthusiasm, it’s contagious.

2 Likes

Wow! - had to put one on !

6 Likes

Rainy and cold in Belgium so perfect to play some music :slight_smile:
Iver

7 Likes

Who?

Supports Carmell Jones on his Mosaic Select box that I purchased.

New name to me but he plays fine middle of the road bop tenor and was around on the West Coast for most of his musical life.

He has four cds on Qobuz.

Listen,enjoy and be as nerdy as me.

4 Likes

I’ve always liked Tim Sparks for his albums on the Tzadik label, like Tanz. This is more ‘popular’ but still complex and intricate guitar.

This complete version has five great extra tracks. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Do get it, ɓoth are beautifully made and sound lush

1 Like

This is the Hadley Caliman CD to get, IMO.

He’s also on many of the Bobby Hutcherson releases from the 1970s, as included in the Bobby Hutcherson ‘Mosaic Select’.

3 Likes

This is insanely brilliant! Cant stop spinning it! Thanks Santa!

6 Likes

Got it and you are so right!!

2 Likes

On Qobuz

One I took earlier.

6 Likes

7 Likes

The new OJC reissue from this year of The Cats is excellent.

I just moved my mono Lyra cartridge from a 9" tonearm to the 12" version so I think I’ll give this album another play tonight.

1 Like

@JosquinDesPrez
Thank you it’s a great album. :+1:t2:

A very listenable album by the ever interesting Ethan Iverson.

2 Likes

Two differing styles of alto but the same trumpet player keeps getting in on the act.

Diz was always very gracious to those who came up after his prime but he cuts Harrell no slack.
IMG_2128

On Qobuz but different cover for Phil Woods.

3 Likes

Soulful version of the Doors classic melody.

2 Likes

2 Likes

PS: How come Jazz groove radio channel sounds better than same album through Qobuz via Roon or Audirvana. Same goes for most tracks. I LOVE Jazz groove Mix 1 and Mix 2! Highly deeply recommended for all jazz lovers.

3 Likes

I will pop this recent purchase in here as it might be of more interest.

Andy Clyndert (Stan’s regular bass player at the end and Trio record producer) has made a grand job of cheering up these titles. They could have been recorded… well not yesterday but recently.

67 about ends my constant, paid for presence ,in the old Ronnies so a lovely momento. ….I took the new captain of my destiny to see Roland Kirk. She was as impressed with that as I was Beethoven’s 9th in the RFH.
Quess who won?

Not on Qobuz as Andy won’t play. Might be a resteamed version.

2 Likes