Jazz Music Thread

I was first drawn to this album when the song First Song was included in a free Naim Records sampler download at 24bit, 48MHz. That sampler, Best of British, was for a long time my most frequently played album - all for that one song. I then found I had the vinyl copy of the album in a bundle of test pressings and bought the CD just for good measure.

1 Like

Grant Green - Idle moments - Blue Note 75

7 Likes

Put this on fairly loud yesterday - terrific !

5 Likes

August/Spetember 1960
CD on Candid

interesting album with Abbey Lincoln, Coleman Hawkins, Olatunji, Booker Little, etc.

1 Like

Grant Green - Born to Be Blue - Tone Poet - Blue Note 2019

8 Likes

Yamamoto Tsuyoshi Trio - Speak Low: An excellent recorded CD, I am also surprised to find it on Qobuz

3 Likes

Music Matters 45’ :v:t5:

2 Likes

Dindi does it for me.

3 Likes

Very, very lucky I’d dearly love a vinyl copy.

I only have one Music Matters record a 33rpm Blue and Sentimental
by Ike Quebec they are just too pricey now.

They are almost all out of reach for mere mortals now; even the recently released ‘SRX’ editions are priced to discourage.
PS.
‘Blue and Sentimental’ is very enjoyable music.

I have sat in front of these four gentlemen on this cd quite often.
My favourite British quartet. Sublime music (to these old ears),world class instrumentalists (two professors) and tunes. It’s been worth every pound.Thanks. Available on Qobuz.

1 Like

I also have this one. It’s quite a challenging listen if memory serves, or at least it was the last time I played it a long time ago. Will give it another go
(EDIT) Listening to it now, I must have confused this with something else, great Blues vocal with stellar supporting musicians, I’m enjoying rediscovering this one

:grinning:

4 Likes

February 23rd & 25th, 1965
Originally released on Impulse.
SACD on Analogue Productions

Elvin - drumzzz
Hank Jones - piano (23rd session)
Roland Hanna - piano (25th session)
Richard Davis - bass
Charlie Mariano - alto sax

4 Likes

Great record we also listen a lot to this LP on Tidal .

Jacintha - Jacintha is Her Name

7 Likes

As posted on another thread, W H Smith is currently selling the 2014 Optimal pressed Atlantic vinyl LP re-issue of John Coltrane’s Giant Steps for the ridiculous bargain price of £5.99.

I ordered a copy a few days ago and have just opened it up and given it a spin - lovely pressing and sounds great! The music is of course, superb…

11 Likes

Ridiculous title but a good set

:grinning:

7 Likes

I didnt realise Smith’s are selling records again, that’s good
I remember as a kid buying quite a lot of records at WH Smith’s downstairs record dept in Brighton
:+1::grinning:

A fine album!

1 Like