Milano, April 1978
CD on Black Saint

3 Likes

Bob James Trio
Straight Up

3 Likes

The Tal Farlow Album. 2013 re-issue.
Original Album - tracks 1-8 from 1954, bonus tracks -1955

• Bass – Oscar Pettiford (tracks: 1 to 8), Red Mitchell (tracks: 9 to 12)
  • Cover – David Stone Martin
  • Drums – Joe Morello (tracks: 1 to 8)
  • Guitar – Tal Farlow
  • Piano – Claude Williamson (tracks: 9 to 12)
  • Rhythm Guitar – Barry Galbraith (tracks: 1 to 8)
  1. If There’s Someone Lovelier Than You
  2. With The Wind And The Rain In Your Hair
  3. My Old Flame
  4. Gibson Boy
  5. You And The Night Music
  6. Love Nest
  7. Blues In The Closet
  8. Everything I’ve Got
    Bonus Tracks
  9. Lullaby Of The Leaves
  10. Stompin’ At The Savoy
  11. This Is Always
  12. Tea For Two|

It’s very nice @bpou … just listening; the piano is really “telling a story”; cool !!

1 Like

Barney Kessel - Kessel’s Kit (aka Guitarra). Recorded in Rome, 1969 (BMG Japan 2001 CD)

2 Likes

Great piano playing and musicianship.

1 Like

A perrenial Jazz guitar favourite of mine. I have the vinyl and CD.
Herb Ellis, Roy Eldridge,Stan Getz,Ray Brown,Stan Levey
The CD adds an extra 1958 session in Paris
With Roy Eldridge,Dizzy Gillespie,Stan Getz, Coleman Hawkins, Oscar Peterson,Ray Brown,Gus Johnson
What a line up!

:grinning:

5 Likes

Lightweight fusion, but quite enjoyable.

4 Likes

Chet Baker - Peace - Enja
A recent purchase from France on Discogs. I’d been waiting for a copy to appear that was reasonably priced and I’m not anal about condition as long as the vinyl is pristine I don’t mind the odd price sticker in fact it adds a bit of history this one is for 77 francs.
Not listened to it yet I attempted to slip it on earlier but was told it sounded like Patrick Moore on vallium. No class!

2 Likes

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols; I just listened to this album. First time to be honest I listen to Herb Ellis. I will add him to my favorites; the album is very nice. Qobuz has a 24bit version that sounds very well

2 Likes

I like this one

2 Likes

Yeah, I love it.
:+1:

The only Stanley Clarke album I have is the project 3 with George Duke.
At the time of purchase, I wasn’t hugely impressed, and haven’t played it for years, but I’ll have to re-visit as a result of your recommendations.
But, his track ‘Justices Groove’ is exceptional, and is on my favourite playlist, and, unlike the album, is played regularly - and loud!

Ha. Music from my heartland.
If you like that you might well like this.image
On Qobuz
N

6 Likes

November '57 & February '58
CD on Blue Note

Morgan - trumpet
Art Taylor - drumzzz
Doug Watkins - bass
Sonny Clark - piano

6 Likes

The 45rpm AP Gil Evans was part of their 25 Impulse reissue a few years back. Wonderful albums.

I just posted this on the What Are You Listening To thread, having found it on Qobuz. It is a cracking good set, with the quartet really on song. I’m going to have to find a copy of this for my personal collection as it’s so good.

7 Likes

Love that, I have the Music Matters vinyl re-issue

1 Like

John Zorn - The Gnostic Preludes: Music Of Splendor

Part of Zorn’s stripped-down, calm music, this is perfect for a late summer morning relax (not a time for Electric Masada for me!): Kenny Wollesen (vibes and bells), Carol Emanuel (harp) and Bill Frisell (guitar).

If you like his Dreamers stuff this is ideal. I’ve been playing one a dy for the last two weeks. Though I’m streaming them locally these days, the CD packaging is delightful.

3 Likes

The first lp I ever purchased in 1956. It was with my second weeks wages plus some savings.First weeks wages were spent on a deposit for a black leather jacket.
My musical musical tastes were already formed and have never changed.
Came out of the racks during transfer to a hard drive;as the cds are filed alphabetically I still have a long way to go.
Nimage

9 Likes