Jern Speakers

Have been reading some good things about the Jern cast iron speakers, anyone have any experience of them?

Amazing speakers! Have had many before and feel that these are some of the best I have had. They run a bit better with my Lejonklou amp.
F

6 Likes

Never seen those before, very interesting

They are very fast and dynamic. Scanspeak, so a bit like ibl, sbl, sl2. Jern means Iron in Danish.
F

2 Likes

Know as Penguins speakers

1 Like

That’s an interesting setup Fred. Did you have Explorers before ?

They look really cool!

Nah, more like Lemmings:

3 Likes

Barbapapa. But they seem to be quite good (and heavy), hifi+ just reviewed one model.

1 Like

Hi James,
I have had Neat Xplorers, Alpha, allae, Ibl and Sbl and Ovators. Mine now is 14 DS. They also have a Rel-sub. Sounds as responsive and dynamic as Sbl and quick and micro-dynamic as Ibl. They also throw a huge soundstage. Check the reviews on the homepage.
F

2 Likes

Thanks Fred - they look good. I’ve heard good things about the Boazu too so it’s nice to see one in the system pictures.

1 Like

Would the speakers attract grizzlies?

Or white Grizzlies too

1 Like

I also mocked the looks in the beginning, But I found it very easy to place and it does not dominate the living room like big killer-whale-speakers…

2 Likes

More teasing than mocking, nothing serious from me.
They seem, to my eyes , more appropriate for Av system than Audio.
They are not very expensive, less than 1k. So I wonder too if they could make justice to the OP system, an XS2 with Ndx2?
Just wondering

Thought they were about 2200 euros?

I checked a second time and found all the prices. You are right, the 14DS cost 2250 euros. Was looking before at other models apparently.

1 Like

Hi FR,

there is a cartoon series called Grizzly and the Lemmings (at least that’s what it’s called in Germany). Ardbegs picture shows one of the Lemmings…

1 Like

Hi Fred,

would you mind telling me the approximate size of your room? Do you use one subwoofer or more? What do you like best about the speakers and which shortcomings do you hear?
As you probably have guessed, you’ve made me curious about them :grinning:

Orca loudspeakers do exist, but they look quite differently. No clue how they sound!