Just ordered new NDX2 πŸ˜ƒ

Hi all

I am rather excited as I have just ordered a new NDX2 to replace my NDX. My dealer has offered me his ex demo Super Lumina interconnect for what I believe is an absolute bargain and not far off used HiLine money so thinking I will be taking him up on that!

29 Likes

Sounds a nice deal…you must have opened a can of spinachπŸ˜‰

6 Likes

Congratulations, enjoy the upgrade…

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Lovely player. What will you be streaming from?

1 Like

Always used Tidal but may give qobuz a go once it integrates shortly and may give Roon a go.

2 Likes

The NDX2 and subsequent upgrade to a XPSDR is what finally convinced me that digital audio can sound great, and worth serious listening. Until then my analog playback was so much better I spent 95% of my listening on it. The NDX2 changed all that. The XPSDR took it to another level. Analog playback on my system is still better, but they are close.

2 Likes

Nice one, the NDX2 really is a fabulous product, the real jewel in my system. I’ve just pulled the trigger on a pre-loved Superlumina IC too - will be bit of a jimmy to get in near-desirable regarding all that pedantic dressing stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Interested to hear how the SL integrates Mike. Keep us posted?

G

1 Like

I’ve also ordered a ndx2 - my first step away from my cd collection. Basically, I’ll have to figure out what to do with it. I’d like to do some mods on lp 12 also, but not sure if it will still get enough use. the rest is 282 hcdr/250 dr and harbeth 30.1. Just hope one shows up soon

2 Likes

Congratulations Popeye and Benjy!

Give it a couple of months and enjoy the music, and you will enjoy it! Then bring home a XPS DR power supply for a demo and you will know what your next upgrade will be.

Popeye a few of us on the forum have the NDX 2 > SN2 combination and it does sound sweet!

2 Likes

Congrats. :+1: I just finished demoing an NDX2 at home with an XPS-DR. I will be placing my order next week. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Interested to hear the differences you detect with the bare NDX 2. I too is just enjoying a bare NDX 2 now, but debating to get PSU or upgrade to 300DR first. My 250DR does not seems to play Dynaudio S40 in way that is very wondrous. Not very delightful, sometimes yes, sometimes nope. Wonder if it is burn-in issues or my 86dB S40.

Some music on Tidal is quite unlistenable, yet others are good. Or is this just a classic source material issues.

Can a PSU improve the source material from Tidal?

I owned the special 40’s for six or eight months with a 250 DR, there was no problem at all driving them. I did not use Tidal though, only streamed files from my Core, or internet radio. I suspect you are seeing a quality issue with Tidal streaming. If you plan on keeping the speakers, I would add an XPSDR to the NDX2 before going to a 300DR. I know a guy powering special 40’s directly from a Chord TT2, using the RCA outputs, so 8 Watts, and he loves them this way, mainly for low volume listening though.

3 Likes

Get the XPS-DR for the NDX2! Seriously. That’s what makes it world class!

My wife let my dealer convince us to take one home he had offered used. She was determined to participate in the home audition, so she could say with confidence it makes no difference, or not enough to be worthwhile. After comparing one track she wanted to hear with and without, she transferred $1000 from her savings to mine to contribute to its purchase. True story! I kid you not. It’s that good.

10 Likes

That is what I think when I pick the 250DR, thinking for sure it will drive the Special 40 no problem. No reason to think they can’t drive it. I will give the PSU a go first as it seems the most logical next step rather than the 300DR :pray:

1 Like

The 250DR should be plenty for Special 40s. I’ve been driving Confidence C2 Platinum with a 250DR. For most things it works really quite well. I’m only going to a 300DR because 1) I can now, and 2) I want more grip and control, especially for large scale orchestral music I like to play. Nevertheless, I could have been happy staying with the 250DR. Honestly, I thought that was were I’d be for a long while until recently when my wife and I decided to go ahead and sell some of my Apple position and get the Naim kit to end game for us (252 will be here tomorrow).

I would take care of source before going to 300DR, namely getting a XPSDR on the NXD2.

1 Like

Naim sources do sound very engaging and musical

Congratulations

2 Likes

If I add a power supply to the NDX2 I will definitely be skipping the XPS and going to the 555ps. An ex demo isn’t far off XPS money.

6 Likes

But the 555ps has two connections, the NDX2 only has one, better off with an NDS if you go with 555…