Keith Flint died

He was young!

:small_blue_diamond: Count.d,ā€¦Who was he,ā€¦never heard of him.

/PederšŸ¤”

Blimey. He was only 49. RIP Keith Flint.

What a shame, a true ā€œone offā€ who had been due to start another tour shortly.

RIP, Keith, and thanks for all the choons, mate.

2019ā€™s not off to a good start.

1 Like

Lovely tribute just paid by Matt Everett on 6 Music.
That band in the sky just gained a truly unique new recruit.

:small_blue_diamond: OK,ā€¦The Prodigy,ā€¦Then I know,but have passed under my ā€œradarā€ here in Sweden.

:dove: RIP Keith Flint.

/Peder

Yeah good spot - Mondayā€™s not off to a good start either !

Very sad and only 49. RIP Keith

Letā€™s all hope we can avoid having to start such threads for a while. Itā€™s been all too common lately.

Steve

2 Likes

Those who knew him have said he was very different to his stage persona, being shy and introverted. Many who have had a public identity at odds with who they really are have come to a sad end.
Myself when being a young teenager going to see bands like Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror and other underground grindcore punk bands and then going to early raves where The Prodigy had a strong playlist from the DJs and live P.Aing - I could see their ability to shock and awe, but I wasnā€™t completely convinced. I wouldnā€™t say he was particularly talented, taking off a strained Johnny Rotten at best. The real talent comes from Liam Howlett the knob twiddler. But still very sad.

The Sun suggests suicide following a split from his Japanese wife.

Possibly better not to comment when someone has just died, youā€™ve never heard their music before and donā€™t happen to like it?

I think thereā€™s possibly a bit of shock that yet another artist has died at a fairly young age.

3 Likes

Music a million miles from my usual playlist but obviously a great frontman and the ā€˜Firestarterā€™ video is surely iconic. I seem to recall various people calling for it to be banned at the time; which is always a good sign. I like the fact it all seemed just a bit tongue in cheek, and also in a couple of interviews I have seen with Flint out of his stage persona he seemed mild voiced and rather shy.

Bruce

Yes Alley Cat, you are right. I should not have posted that. Itā€™s just that i didnā€™t know him and went on some youtube videos to inform myself. It was so far away of my tastesā€¦

Unbelievable!

Nick

Your quote saying you will not miss him, disrespectful, why comment on the sad passing of a great musician, Iā€™m sure his friends and family will miss him.

Nick

2 Likes

i will remove my post, it will be better than explain. In French language, i would wrote more diplomatically.

I donā€™t think for one minute you meant to be disrespectful to the deceased, simply not your style. The music may have had the desired love it/hate it effect on you resulting in a reactionary response without thinking.

If you want to see something quite controversial watch the ā€˜Smack My B**** Upā€™ video which shows many of our cultural excesses and has quite a surprising conclusion - not family friendly.

I donā€™t know the groupā€™s output that well, and to be honest always found Mr Flintā€™s on stage persona a bit scary, but by all accounts he was completely different off stage, which is odd as I thoroughly enjoy Marilyn Manson for example, and heā€™s a very clever chap.

Interesting read here French Rooster about the man rather than the on stage persona:

ā€¦for example:

Pop star James Blunt even shared a story of Flintā€™s kindness and generosity after a bruising night out.

"At the Q Awards years ago, when Noel Gallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because Iā€™d moved there, and Damon Albarn refused to be in the same picture as meā€¦ Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success,"

I just wanted to say that itā€™s definitely not my style of music. But i should not have posted itā€¦ so apologize please

2 Likes