Klimax Radikal

Linn Klimax Factory Reset

1 Power off
2 Power on
3 Press the function select button on the back of the Radikal several times until both LED’s on the start/speed switch light up
4 Power Off
5 Power On

:grinning:

I’d be interested on feedback from the group here but basically I’m fairly sure that by doing a factory reset as described above does have a beneficial effect on the sound.

The problem is that once you have done it, you cannot go back to check the previous (before reset condition) and trying to eliminate other variables which could influence the result. As Charlie indicated above.

Additionally, I’m unclear on how long a Radikal needs to have run before a reset makes a beneficial change. A week, a month, three months… so any input/information you guys have would be useful to share, now that this feeling/theory I have is out there:roll_eyes:.

Try and be as scientific/systematic as possible please so as we gain as much useful input as possible. Whether positive or not on this subject.

Thanks, Peter.

2 Likes

Hi Peter,

I shall try the Linn Klimax Factory Reset procedure and report back.

Only difference for me is that I have an early Klimax Radikal without a power on/off switch so I will have to unplug and then plug back in the mains lead to simulate off/on.

Richard

Does Akurate Radikals also have a reset procedure? Mine is the old style Akurate box and I can’t see a function selection button…

It’s where I’ve placed the yellow dot on this picture of the Akurate. On the Klimax it’s the opposite way around.

1 Like

Powerline on The akurate?
Money can be spent much better.

I tried it and…I think it could be slightly better although it was mighty good beforehand.

The vocals on The Who My Generation MONO LP I was playing made me think there was some improvement.

I think it was well worth trying, did no harm and next time I power down/up I will try it again.

Richard

Thanks!
Tried it, used Waiting for the sun by the Door as test track. So, time well spent in any case🙂
As Peter mention switching back for verification is not an option… but my gut tell me there is a “reset effect”. Similar to removing “touching cables” (also not easy to repeat) I imagine hearing slightly more focus of voice and instruments and a sense of ease to the presentation.

1 Like

Just tried the reset procedure on an old style Akurate Radikal which has never previously been reset. Immediate reaction is that the sound has tidied up considerably in terms of presentation (although could be my imagination but I don’t think so !). Thanks for that !

2 Likes

Charlie

Saw your system, great way of managing the boxes utilising the corner
I’m much more of a minimalist with only 13 boxes
The Super Sarum din - XLRs are very good and where you are it’s a no brainier
The Super Sarum speaker cables I found to have the biggest impact
I have one T, so this may be a consideration for the other cables, I will leave the power cables as they are
As for Music, I might consider that or a Sarum T for the tonearm cable when the Etna needs replacing

Lyndon

1 Like

A slight diversion in that I found the Chord Music 4-5 between a 552DR and Superline with a SupercapDR to be the best I have heard.

This is after comparing with Naim Olive, HiLine and Chord SarumT interconnects. Interestingly I favoured the HiLine over the Sarum T.

Richard

1 Like

Sorry if this is a ‘basic’ question. What position should the selector switch be in when finished, normal or enhanced? Looked everywhere on the web for an explanation of this switch, but nothing!
Thanks in advance,
Ian

Fangfoss Flier

In my opinion I felt that the Superline & Supercap DR was the weak link here and moving up from Sarum T wasn’t perhaps the answer

Lyndon

1 Like

Black star

I believe it’s normal if it’s poweri the motor only and enhanced if you also have a Linn phonostage

Lyndon

I don’t think it matters, just press the button several times until both LED’s light.
When the reset is complete leave the function button in whichever mode you require

Thanks Lyndon, it’s got an Ulrika so enhanced it is!

Thanks Deadatthecontrols. It’s strange there’s nothing out there about this function (or at least that I could find!).