Kudos 606 for olives?

Yes it’s wider spacing on the Titan crossover input sockets. If you’re using Naim SA8 plugs at the speaker end with your A5 cable, then you should be able to unscrew the plastic case and release the plug pins and cable to give you a wider plug spread to match the wider socket spacing.

1 Like

OK - but so there is the pure cable plugged in, without any plastic caps. Is this a problem?

Just be careful when connecting the speakers. Ensure the power amp is off, just incase you accidently touch the pins together.

2 Likes

THANKS - this a really GOOD ADVICE!

If you do this, put some heatshrink tubing around the exposed head of the pins to reduce the risk of shorting. Electrical insulating tape would do at a push, but sometimes tends to peel off, or there’s self amalgamating tape.

1 Like

Good idea … Heatshrink is the stuff I put on - and make it hot afterwards … good! I think I can do it even without being an electrician.

I know it is a silly and preliminary approach, but I do have a spare set of NACA5 cables with banana plugs (not the naim ones) on both sides.
Buying these as coupling would enable to make a test setup…

I also can ask my dealer to make a short coupling with NACA 5 - one side banana plug - other side plug socket … ONY for use during test setup - and giving the chance to bring back the SBL in place without massive work to do.

Hi guys,

even if I bought it already, can someone please explain, what to expect in case of sensitivity…
SBL is rated 88db as I remember.
606 is rated 84 db, which is poorer…

What should I expect?

• will the 135 run hot every summer? (or even winter?)
  • do I need to dial up the volume knob to 12:00 instead of 9:00 … this worries me most.
  • or even blow out the fuse during listening :slight_smile:

Or is there no linear science behind it.

Sorry…

PS: Damn… just read, that the 135 has even less power than a 250DR… NAP 135 = 75W and 250 = 80 W … could this be a problem?

Roughly.

They play at 88 and 84dB with 1W of power at 1m range. To make the 606 play 87dB you need to double the power to 2W. Every 3dB increase need to double the wattage. You’ll be just fine. And yes, you will need to increase the volume knob a bit but not by much. The human ear roughly understand 10dB increase as you have doubled the volume level.

Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Could only 75 Watt be a problem… I am no “very loud guy…”

Of we go for a future NAP 500? Oh no… :slight_smile:
LOVE my 135

You’ll be fine. I’ve driven my 606s satisfactorily with my NAIT1 and NAIT50. They’ll like a set of 135s.

Stop worrying, get auditioning :+1:

3 Likes

You know me… am I right :rofl:

:O)

10 Likes

Well… I have had ‘only’ 70 W per channel since 1985.

But they are Naim Watts… and from a 250… so… :expressionless:

Everything Is Better With A Naim 250.

1 Like

250 olive I assume … I have a spare one :slight_smile:

As I also have a spare snaxo (for SBL damn… :)) and a spare Hicap… BUT NO rack space for going active :slight_smile:

1 Like

1985 - CB. But its been converted to Olive cosmetics, by Naim.

1 Like

Mine is 1995 I think… but not plugged in. But with 135 and one 25o I might go active someday :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would really struggle to move away from mine.

Upgrade Block.

No. They do fine. However, you really need 4x135s to hear them at their best (I moved from 2 to 4 when going active and the difference really impactful).

I love my 606.

I think 15cm will be too close and they will boom.

I think I needed to pull mine away at least 25cm, I think 27cm was optimum.

Enjoy, they are wonderful speakers!