Kudos 606 vs 707 vs 808

36cm or 14”

Tried both ways a long time ago. This is preferred and sounds amazing.

2 Likes

OK thanks, I often ask this of 808 owners as I would only ever be able tp have a max 0f 17 cms behind them as I have a projector screen that drops infront of them. I use naim DBL’s which can go right up to the walls but always wonder if grass is even greener on the other side.

17cm is not going to make you happy with any of the kudos line. The bass will be colored and probably smear the mids as well. Kudos says 45cm preferred. I can’t do that.

I tried the Magico A3 and the Proac K6 in the same room with the Kudos 606

Ended up getting the 606 and have been delighted with them.

3 Likes

I thought the 45cm was distance from corners.
I have my 606’s 26cm from the wall behind. They are well away from the side walls. They sound wonderful.

1 Like

45cm is recommended distance from corners. My 606s are about 18cms from the back wall. Sound great.

2 Likes

45cm is Kudos’s recommend minimum. I ran my 707s a few inches closer to the front wall then what I’m running the 808s. If you can get an in home demo that would be awesome. Luckily I work with the Kudos US Distributor/Dealer Gated HiFi and Next Level HiFi so I can try without much risk. Day two still in awe. Amazing speaker.

2 Likes

The “45cm from the corner” recommendation comes directly from the “606 Technical Documentation” document on the Kudos website.
In any event I have no issues having mine 26cm from the rear wall. As I said, they are well away from the corner. Indeed, the fact that they can be reasonably close to the wall was one of the reasons they were attractive to me (and, more importantly, to my wife).

Anywho they are fine speakers, as are the 808’s which I have also heard “Active”. Absolutely stunning. Hope you enjoy them.

Absolutely. That’s what attracted me as well Alan. At the end of the day a recommendation is not the be all end all. No speaker will work optimal up against the wall. But in the end you have to trial it in your room and if you’re happy with the sound then that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Indeed. Initially I had them further away from the wall. Gave them 100hrs as recommended by Kudos and then experimented. Ultimately, I settled on 26cm from the rear wall with no toe in and a little over 2m apart (centre to centre). I listen from a distance of 2.5m. It seems to work for me.

1 Like

This is a helpful article on positioning Kudos speakers. My 606s are 30cm from rear wall and slightly toed in. Sound marvellous.
HTH?

2 Likes

In this guide, a whole new level of break-in :slight_smile:

Be mindful that all adjustments take a little while to settle, so don’t make too many changes at once. We recommend moving your speakers 2-3cm at a time and spend 20 minutes between each adjustment to allow the speakers to adapt to their new position.

That brings to mind a picture of the speakers being really grumpy with you for daring to move them, and taking 20 minutes to cooperate with you again and provide sweet sounds :blush:

1 Like

Like plants or cats

2 Likes

Well I have been running the 606s for the last month, and my system has never sounded better. But there are 4 big boxes now sitting in the hallway that will be taking their place tomorrow - I am, to say the least, rather excited !! I have to say that these 606s, after a rough start, are sounding so good that I am wondering what new plane the 808s are going to take me to… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dave, just to reiterate that this is exactly what I did - thanks for the good advice.

1 Like

Great news, Robbo.

I hope the 808s work for you Robbo, they are fabulous and I love mine. Look forward to your reports.

1 Like

I am very happy with my 808s - they have continued to improve for over 7 months now

3 Likes