Kudos Heaven

Love my 606’s - one of the best things I’ve ever purchased.

21 Likes

For you Mark no problem :rofl:

I’ll try to get on the call this weekend however time zones seem to always get in the way.

I know you have been speaking with Ben about Furutech. I might pursue some power chords with him.

You do know he is running DartZeel - he has been a bad influence…very bad😆

Best
Gregg

1 Like

I watched a Michael Fremer video recently that ran through his latest home system. He’s using DartZeel pre and power to drive his monster Wilson speakers, though he seems to have the Quarter million dollar monoblocks…:hushed:

1 Like

Hi David,

I use Super Lumina speaker cables, also for the links, which I much prefer to NACA5 - albeit at a cost.

Cannot really comment on the 2 x 555DR’s as I already had them, on a NDS, before the ND555.

All the best,
Andy

1 Like

There was a whole thread running on this for months a year or two back

1 Like

Search 2 x 555PS and there’s lots more.

G

The spikes on one of your racks aren’t tightened up. Not sure which, but they are different.

Hey @damy79, did you solder the Naim connectors yourself or had a dealer do it? Also got a pair of KS1 from Analogue Seduction and I keep wondering if I should replace the standard screw bananas with Naim ones on the amp side. And potentially some rhodium plated ones on the speaker side to match the rhodium plating on the PMCs. Not sure how much it matters as it sounds much better than (Naim terminated) NACA5 to my ears anyway.

aware, just that he has my exact speakers…
Are you in Statement heaven?

1 Like

It’s the best I have ever heard them perform

2 Likes

One of the advantages of being a reviewer. I guarantee he did not pay retail price :grin:

1 Like

Yes I confirm. I did solder by myself. I already had some Naim connectors spare and I used it. I’m quite confident in solder operation and I did it. I really do not know if they sound better now since I did not try the screw type connectors.

Using screw on bananas with KS-1 is a complete cop out.
Why would you.
Shows very poor skill levels IMO :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I received my Kudos KS1 with screw type connectors by Analogue Seduction but I removed them immediately replacing with the Naim types. I’m curious to know if I had to listen the screw type before their replace :thinking:

1 Like

The screw connectors would initially work just fine, but in the longer term the copper strands will oxidise, causing slow deterioration of the connection. A property soldered connection is a better long term solution.

2 Likes

You did the right thing have no regret.
In my opinion the cable is far too delicate for screw clamps.
Best plugs are Naim type and they get soldered end off
“ no pun intended “ :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

So I’m thinking of getting a couple of sets of the Stack Audio Auva 100 speaker isolators for my T505 as the reviews and testimonials seem to rate these above the crop of competing isolation products ala Townshend Podiums, IsoAcoustics, etc.

As you have to specify screw thread size when ordering (M6 1.0, M8 1.25, etc), does anyone know what the thread is for the spikes on the T505 stands? I unscrewed one and measured the diameter as roughly 7-8mm and a thread length of 17mm. Not sure which thread option to select on the drop-down menu on the Stack webshop.

Edit: N/m, worked it out - M8.

Anyone using the Auva with their Kudos?

If you have carpet over a concrete floor, then the supplied spikes are correct.

Why do you think you need to change, what issue do you have?

DG…

Reading through the reviews it appears that spikes don’t do much more than get speakers off the carpet but aren’t the best when it comes to getting rid of vibrations.

In my small listening space the 505s put out a lot of energy into the room and while it sounds fantastic I want to ensure they are as rigid and isolated as possible.

How close are they to boundaries?

G