Kudos KS1 speaker cable

How much is Sarum T these days per meter? I use 5 meter lengths on my original Titan T88’s

Best
Gregg

I wondered why I had l had not considered this cable previously, somehow I had missed the reviews, but one reviewer sums it up pretty well for me:
FOR: Wide bandwidth. Open, natural sound. Tonally accurate
This is a far cry from my experience of the original Sarum, which I found was colored, adding warmth and compromising that wonderful naim PRAT. This cable I feel just lets the system breathe and shine for its own qualities - and wow, the 555/552/500 combination does shine! :slight_smile:

Terminated 5m pair for £5,999 or € 7,495 I found on dealer websites.

I think you may be right about the ‘T’ Robbo. My experience rhymes with yours, but with signal interconnects rather than speaker cable. I’d tried SSA on my streamer and felt it sounded very detailed, but unmusical. Similarly, when I recently bought a Urika for my LP12, I auditioned the included Linn Silvers vs Chord Shawline and Epic alternatives, but preferred the Linn cables. However, when I heard the SarumT, that was a very different proposition. I’ve ended up recently buying a used SarumT as part of a couple of upgrades (Aro, Keel and Krystal), so it’s hard to attribute responsibility, but there’s now plenty of meaningful detail AND great musicality.

2 Likes

Put the KS-1 cables back in this morning… (we had a power cut at 9.00am, so seemed opportune).

Power back on at 10.00am’ish…system now warming up…(the UServe also fired up OK - phew).

So, the KS-1 ‘delicacy’ is back, excellent mid & uppers, enough bass…the WH has more ‘punch’ for sure, however for me, can be a bit too much ‘slam’ sometimes…
There does seem to be a synergy between the Kudos speakers and cables…a very detailed and delicate presentation…

On balance, the KS-1 stays, the WH Phantom though is pretty good…a close call.
(I have WH Morgana I/C’s and these are also very good and seem to have a synergy with Naim amps)…

4 Likes

Hey Gregg I emailed you a while ago about 808’s. Send me text or email :slight_smile:

Are the relative benefits of KS-1 only applicable where Kudos speakers are on one end of them?
Is anyone using or tried them with other brand speakers?

I think your summary of the KS-1 cable sounds very similar to how I’ve found it (albeit with Devialet and Kudos) Of course mileage varies, depending on room, system, personal preferences, but to me this cable just balances things up rather nicely. It did bring extra detail and articulation to low bass and necessitated a small amount of re-positioning (closer to the back wall by an inch). I’m very pleased with the final result though so the KS-1 will be staying.

2 Likes

I seem to remember @Gazza had them with PMC 25s and @Debs with Sibbles, but I may be wrong.

1 Like

Yes, correct i use them with PMC 25.26

I liked the KS-1 a lot with my Shahinian Obelisk2’s. The delicate sound referred to in some posts above is evident with the Ob’s as well. Some loss of clout and slam compared with my usual Mogami 2972, but I will buy a set of KS-1’s as soon as I know what length I need (new listening room) as they’re relatively inexpensive. I’ll live with both sets of cables for a while to determine a winner, but my money is on KS-1 winning the bake-off.
I would add that I’ve tried quite a few other speaker cables including Super Lumina and nothing has got remotely close to unseating the Mogami until this Kudos design came along.

3 Likes

Helpful insight, appreciated.
I’ve just changed speakers from PMC OB1i to Kanta 1’s after a house move earlier this year and now have a somewhat smaller (yet still dedicated thankfully) listening room and spent some time wrestling to tame a pair of NAC A5 runs with a certain level of frustration which seems unique to A5 use!
As you say not a costly experiment on the Kudos cables and most seem to like what they find.

How is the “clout and slam” of the Kudos cable compared to NACA5?

Two different cables Greg, the NACA 5 is punchier, a little more exciting, but the Kudos has the quality. It has a delicacy and a tone which the NACA cannot achieve. It also images better and has more realism which allows you to believe you are listening to 3D music rather than a recording.

5 Likes

For me, less ‘clout & slam’ and more detail/delicacy…you just get drawn into the music…

have had NACA5, WH Phantom, and SuperLumina, in reverse order of preference…

and of course now KS-1 since changing to Kudos speakers…they seem to go together so well…

2 Likes

Gosh……i find words hard to describe changes to hifi,specially cables……spot on.

I should certainly try the KS1 cables, but I continue to thoroughly enjoy the Sarums. No honey moon period effect yet and 3 days in… I have never heard music sound this alive, even poor-ish recordings are being given a new lease of life. I may just end up keeping them at this rate. And loving these 808s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nigel - I know Peter is a big fan as well :laughing:

It took a while however now that those big red monsters are gone and you are even running Kudos cables - you are officially ALL IN.

Hope you are feeling well.

Best
Gregg

1 Like

Well - that is high praise considering you have tried the entire cast of characters

Best
Gregg

I tried Super lumina….full loom, the top true signal audio cable, the naca5 takes some beating, but ks-1 works in my system.