Kudos Sigao Demo

Just back from a demo event at my dealer (Cultured Audio) of the new Kudos Sigao box. We started at 1600 and went on until 1830. So many thanks to Mike and Kieran (Cultured Audio) and the guys from Kudos for facilitating such a long session. Couple more being held tomorrow if anyone is interested. Just book in via the dealers website. Not sure but this may be one of very few chances to hear the box before Munich Show.
The kit I listened to was:
Passive - 333, 332, at least one of them was connected to a 300, via NC250 into Kudos 808.
Active - 333, 332, again at least one was connected to a 300, into the Kudos Sigao into 3 x NC250 into Kudos 808.
There was an alternate system in another room but I didn’t venture there as it was effectively what I have already.
We listened to 3 tracks passive to get used to the sound and then after the 4th track we listened to the first 30 seconds of it again and then went Active using the same 4th track for the active demo. The difference between passive and active was immediately evident with all in the room preferring active to passive. I am not very good at descriptions I’ll just say active was more of all the good stuff.
We then did a couple tracks back and forth with us visitors selecting tracks and then finished off with a long session of just active.
The new Sigao certainly gives those considering going active a way to achieve that without changing speakers, always assuming that their current speakers are capable of going active. Does mean another two/three boxes, Sigao and amps as required. The Kudos folks did recommend that all amps are the same so as to keep a clean similar sonic signature across the frequency spectrum.
Great day and my thanks to Cultured Audio and the folks from Kudos for an enjoyable and informative session.

4 Likes

I’ll be there tomorrow.

Good write up.

DG…

1 Like

Thank you. Hope you enjoy your session.

Just got back from the Kudos Siago Demo day at Cultured Audio.

Not so many there today apparently, there were seven of us.

The set up was as @Orac detailed and the kit consisted of:

• Naim NSS 333 Network Streamer
  • Naim NAC 332 Pre-amplifier
  • 2x Naim NPX 300 Power Supply
  • 3x Naim NAP 250 Power Amplifier
  • Kudos Siago External Crossover
  • Kudos Titan 808 Loudspeakers
  • 3x Kudos KS-1 Loudspeaker Cable

It was quite noticeable switching from passive mode (1x NAP 250) to active. The music became not as loud, but ever so much more clarity, depth and control of the bass

Many thanks to cultured Audio and Kudos Audio for a very interesting and enjoyable time.

DG…

3 Likes

I listened to these speakers active with 3 x nap300 dr versus a nap 500 dr some time ago at audio show east. I preferred the 500 dr……but both were good.
The sole NC 250 in this demo really did not stand a chance against the active system!
Correction as FR points out……with the Kudos 707……but as good as the NC 250 is……

2 Likes

Indeed, you said it.:smile:

«
Gazza

Jul '19

I heard the Kudos 707 active vs passive a while back and preferred the nap500…it just sounded, so right. The active nap 300 dr seemed a little too exuberant for my liking. »

1 Like

Look at all that Naim power linked with RCAs :scream: :+1:t2:
They must have found them far better like I did. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend this one :smiling_face_with_tear: Cultured always put on a good event & I believe they are playing tunes again tomorrow on one of their set-ups @ the Banbury Record fair :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s right, they mentioned that.

DG…

1 Like

Thanks for the write ups. An interesting bit of kit. Cultured Audio look like a great dealer and IIRC, Mike is ex Naim. A bit out of my area, but one for a visit sometime.

3 Likes

Mike is a great guy……the Naim guy supporting my dealer pre covid❤️

3 Likes