Kudos Super20 vs. 505 vs. 606 audition

I find Kudos pull off the neat trick of sounding « live » without being fatiguing, transparent without being analytical, and musical without exaggerating any aspect of the frequency range. Really enjoying what they do, although it did take me a little time to recalibrate after previous speakers.

And of course it helps that they really sing on the end of naim boxes :partying_face:

1 Like

I have the T88s
Best speaker I’ve had in my 35 yrs in Hifi
Haven’t heard new Titans ….I’m in USA so only Kudos dealer is 1500 miles away
David

You’re forgetting the spare….

1 Like

Lovely opinion/review! :+1:

They don’t have a spare, infact they don’t even have a boot to put a spare in, if they did have one lol.

You mean they forgot the spare??? :exploding_head:

Well for 10k you can buy the confidence 20… and the heritage for less

You really must audition Dynaudio heritage.

A little more buys a focal sopra 2… there’s a lot of competition at 10k gbp

Congrats your experience of S20 vs 606 also mirror mine. I could have easily lived with the s20 if I hadn’t heard the later.

Top tip - try the 606 with the KS-1 speaker cable too. It’s the icing on the cake (and the same cable that’s used for the internal wiring in the speakers)

5 Likes

They are £10.5k not £15k.

1 Like

I agree, £10k is a lot of money, but isobaric drivers are not cheap to make and every Titan is hand made by the same person in County Durham. The company consists of only 3 people. For me there is something slightly romantic about that.

5 Likes

But remember the early Titans were wired internally with Chord cabling.

It’s an expensive romantic date

1 Like

Have you heard them?

So is eating at Le Gavroche. I took my wife there for her 30th “once in a lifetime” meal the memories will last forever! :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed, and I’m not sure there’s so much difference between the Kudos cable and Odyssey?

The main reason for Kudos developing their own cable was the known consistency of the results. There had apparently been some changes to the Chord cable being used, which affected the results. One pair of Titans sounded different to an apparently identical pair because of the cable change.

I once borrowed a pair of S10s that were wired with Sarum. Sounded great but Derek said Sarum was an utter beast to work with and of course added significantly to the price.

2 Likes

Another rather pointless comment…

2 Likes

A thought: The demo system included a Hi-Cap on the 282 (which the OP doesn’t have) and a NAP250 (DR I should imagine) whilst the OP has a NAP200 …

Can a bare 282 and a NAP200 drive the 606’s well enough ?

My 606s need all the 250 can give. In fact, I will very soon upgrade to 300.

My pre is 252/SC.