Kudos Titan 606 positioning

Be sure to measure the speaker position so they are placed identical. Very important for proper stereo imaging and all related. Few cm off and sound can collapse or sound strange.

2 Likes

Update - I’m impatient and am buying them tomorrow with a view for delivery / install wc 10th April when I return from holiday.

8 Likes

Good man. My 505’s were an impulsive buy I’ve not regretted it.

G

1 Like

Slightly off topic as I have KEF Ref 1’s - 1.90m apart slight toe in for last 5 years - very happy. Couple of months ago I dropped my CDX2 to my dealer for a Salisbury service (back now and sounding better than I can ever remember). Anyway whilst there took the opportunity to listen to the NC 222/300/250. They were connected to Kudos S10’s. It all sounded terrific - very impressed. The sound stage and instrument/vocal placement in space was what really caught my ear. I noticed that the S10’s were about 2.5m apart. My dealer said he had just popped them down quickly. Anyway back home I decided to pull my KEF’s further apart - to about 2.4m in the end. Really has made a big difference. Instruments in the near left and right are now much better defined and seem to have room to breathe. Everything sounded less ‘congested’. I have noticed fro System Pics and Listening Position pics that most people have their speakers reasonably close together. I would suggest experimenting with spacing - you might be surprised. I was.

606’s installed this morning…wow.

Been listening to music all day. What a difference.

And the posty arrived with my Supercap DR a few hours ago so a bonus day for me. It’s a bit cold so I’ll install and connect it all up tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone’s advice on this thread especially @james_n and @anon17748768

7 Likes

Nice one Gav. A Supercap DR to add into the mix too.

Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Quite a day, good to leave the SC overnight👍

1 Like

Gav, really pleased you like the change ! :smiley:

They really are the ‘goldilocks’ of the Titan range and imho, more than enough for most systems/needs.

Enjoy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.