Kudos Titan 606 with NAP250Dr

Yeah the low volume quality at night was a big reason why I was interested. Thanks

Mon: they are just fab at low volume and close to a. Wall. Found they are good in smaller rooms as well as in larger rooms.
Definitely worth a listen.

1 Like

Hi Mon - I’m a week in and they’ve been on pretty much all that time. They are loosening up nicely.
Kudos say 100 hours but also say don’t experiment with positioning until 300 hours in. I am delighted with them already. The bass is to die for. I have mine 50cm from rear wall and no corners near. Also not toe-d in either.

I moved from PMC and there’s no doubt the Kudos sound signature is very different but my ears are adjusting to it nicely.

You really should try a home demo if you can.

1 Like

Going well so far Alan. I’m a week in and they’ve been on pretty much all that time. They are loosening up nicely.
Kudos say 100 hours but also say don’t experiment with positioning until 300 hours in. I am delighted with them already. The bass is to die for. I have mine 50cm from rear wall and no corners near. Also not toe-d in either.

I moved from PMC and there’s no doubt the Kudos sound signature is very different but my ears are adjusting to it nicely.

1 Like

I had a bad moment 2 days ago when my running in period with these fabulous speakers was rudely interrupted by a dead 252🙁
All functionality lost. Back to dealer who is sending it back to Salisbury after tracing the problem to the 252 rather than the SCDR.
Very disappointing to see a 2 month old £7,000 amp fail like this. In 45 years of hifi ownership it’s the first and only time I’ve experienced a component failure. I’ll be interested to hear what the fault is.

Dealer has loaned me some Olive kit to keep me going (NAC 92 / Flatcap) but I can’t wait to get the 252/SCDR back.

2 Likes

I have the Kudos Titan 606s which are powered by a 282 and 2 x 250DR as I run them through a SNAXO 242.

Never been an issue driving these and rarely go past 9 o’clock. There was never an issue when I had only one 250DR either.

They seem to be well matched and work well for me. Do try and get a demo and you will enjoy the combo.

Glad to hear. Notwithstanding the failure, how were you finding the 252 - I assume from your profile you had a 282 ?

Ah yes, I haven’t updated my profile …but went to 252 in August and it’s a revelation. I’m really enjoying it and it did a lot for the PMCs but, surprise surprise, FAR more for the 606s. Listening to the loan Olive stuff I have makes me realise just how good the 252/SCDR combo is. I “only” have the 250DR and conventional wisdom says it deserves a 300 but I don’t want the extra box count.

Mind you, I understand a better upgrade with 606 in mind would be active with 2 x 250 but that’s a pipe dream for the future perhaps.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round…

Yes I have similar dilemma. NAP300 not really possible for me due to logistical reasons. Similar problem with going active. So 252/250DR + 606’s would be my limit.

I’m very interested to compare the difference to drive Kudos 606 with a single 250DR, 2x250DR active and 300DR. I have 606 with 282+250DR but I may plan to move to 252 or maintain 282 with active. Too many option are available in the Naim upgrade path.

My dealer said there’s no comparison between 1 x 300 and 2 x 250 active… he’s done the demo many times and 2 x 250 knocks it out the park apparently.
I daren’t ask for a demo😂

1 Like

Either way I’d need 2 Fraim stacks and I dont have the room :slightly_frowning_face:

Decision made then Alan.
It’s not exactly a “poor experience “ in passive you know?:joy:

1 Like

Lol … indeed… a point I have, myself, made on this forum before.

Wow — apparently they even work without speaker cable. :rofl:

1 Like

What size do you consider a small room?

They have Bluetooth inbuilt, you didn’t know?

1 Like

Signals did an active Kudos day with various combinations, i invariably prefer the next amp up to 2 x the amp below in the Naim hierarchy. Perhaps others like @nigelb who were there can comment? But as-ever you need to listen for yourself, certainly i did not hear any combo that day knocking the ball out of the park…

1 Like

I know the 707s are much better with 2x300s than 1x300 but haven’t heard with a 500. Want to compare 808s on a 500 v 3x250s. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to compare my sl2s 2x300 (what I have) v a 500

We heard that combo on 707 at Audio show east and a number of us were split down the middle. I thought the 500 brought a more relaxed controlled presentation, the 2 x 300 were a little too eager to please and in your face by comparison. Don’t get me wrong i could happily live with either @nigelb was there and can comment.
My own personal opinion is that the Kudos speakers don’t seem to get the best out of the extra amp(s) when going active. Perhaps unlike Naim speakers which might have been designed to be active and the passive crossover is the so called after thought?