Kudos Titan 606

My question too! If I am to persuade SWMBO that there are Titans in our future this is critical…

Assuming this is the case is there a price premium on this veneer?

I understand not - but there would be a bit of a delay before they could be made with that finish. I asked Derek when he was at acoustica for the active 606 and 707 event. It would of course be wise to check direct with them

For me (in their room on that day etc) the 606s were not better or sufficiently better than my SL2s to consider, but the 707s active were a level above. I made the mistake of showing my wife a picture of 808s I oak from Kudos’ website. The photo was taken low down so it made them look bigger than they are (markdown one) and they have a black front (markdown two). Apparently she hates any speakers that have round black things on the front and likes the SL2s more than most because they don’t :confused:

Brand new Natural Oak

10.5”

Hi Tim, obviously your wife has great taste, as there isn’t much out there, which beats the SL2s for sheer aesthetics. ATB Peter

When I got my 606s last year in Oak, this was at the time a special order finish

4 Likes

Cheers @JNelson2000 – sounds like the 707 are quite easy on the room. :slight_smile:

You can of course put the grilles on to hide those big round black things!

Truly stunning in oak.

1 Like

Hey Al

Due to dual purposes I can’t remove the rels.

She doesn’t like the black fronts bare or as grilles. I cursed myself as I forgot the rule that forgiveness comes more easily than permission - I had thought the photo would help as she made a general complaint recently that hifi makers don’t make anything that fits in her idea of what the home should look like - a sort of rural shabby chic (without an enormous shabbiness!).

Though as the great drum kit arrival proved; sometimes forgiveness is pretty difficult :grimacing: Very frosty :cold_face: for a few days that time

1 Like

Agreed! @damy79 those look great in white!

1 Like

Saw this on FB – excellent! Are the REL’s addressing something for your music listening, or for home theater use?

Both. LFE for TH and high level for 2 channel. Xover is set around 22hz as the kudos dig deep enough to make a smooth and detailed transition. The Rels add depth regardless.

Unfortunately not ideal, but it’s the only room I have. Still sounds amazing

I had a single JL sub with my Devore Nines. I liked what it did, but it didn’t have a remote and it required too much fussing with. But I had the x-over set quite a bit higher. At 22 I’m guessing it’s set-and-forget for 2 channel music :slight_smile:

Rel and high level is the way to go. You always have a track or two that makes you go… yikes. But 99.9% of the time it is worth it. I have a slight null at my MLP that dual 812s fix on nearly all content. And considering I also have a 7.2.4 HT it makes sense. Very happy with the end result. Biggest gain is the 300R which these speakers truly need to shine. Even going into my SN3 as a pre until the 252 arrives. Kudos truly are a very musical speaker.

I tried the 606’s in our living room and for some reason just couldn’t get them to work. They are quite universally praised - and I had a 252/300 (or 250DR) at the time. I think it was the 300DR then.

I swore off subwoofers mostly for the aesthetics; it’s our living room, not a media room (no TV) and it looks too much like a hi fi showroom as it is :slight_smile: I wanted the 606’s to work and would have bought them if they did. We share a great dealer.

I am lucky in the respect that I have a great wife that has never complained about the wall of HiFi even though I know her favorite speaker color is “no color”.

My wife loves the music…but now with 2 Fraim stacks did bring up once that the ‘corner’ where those stacks reside is getting full. She’s fine with the Magico speakers…they fit the room. And she likes Roon and actually uses it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.