Kudos Titan 606

That’s an interesting comment for sure. Do you mean in the context of hifi or life in general? I’m certainly not going to join the Tories or become a Brexit supporter.

1 Like

There is pleasant and interesting thread drift…and there is this!

7 Likes

A forum where “all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average” (with apologies to Garrison Keillor) would be pretty boring. And truly useless for those who come for advice.

I read a few other fora and this is by far the most polite. I think that we can all stand up to a little of “your speakers are so ugly that they belong in the garden.” Most of us have been called worse than ugly-speaker-owners at some point in our lives.

1 Like

That is one handsome pig, or good looking sow… i agree pigs can be wonderful creatures… and apparently surprisingly intelligent.

I like that we are not so over moderated that we cannot say controversial things. Usually fairly respectfully. HH is occasionally more forthright than I might think is sensitive to others, but he would always accept that the sound to your own ears and in your own room is what matters. And very regularly gives very helpful advice to others

1 Like

Yes I too find that pig rather attractive, and I don’t normally go for red heads.

Worried, of Chesham.

5 Likes

I went to a friends dinner last day. The food was awful. I said to the host « your food would better please some pigs! « . And what ? I was just honest…

1 Like

FR, out of interest, how many friends do you have left?

5 Likes

Reminds me of a joke I like to tell, about the pig with the wooden leg. Maybe I’ll post it in the Padded Cell joke thread at some point.

You are naughty…he can count on me…we need to some alternative views​:wink::+1:

All from the dinner…:woozy_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely! People can buy what they want and like what they like. Some just seem to get rather too po faced and self righteous. It’s only bloody hifi.

Of course, it was a joke. Prefer to pecise for some you can join lately the thread…

The urge - not to say compulsion - to defend one’s own purchasing decisions makes this sort of discussion problematic…

1 Like

Not to forget, very very tasty.

1 Like

Two years ago I went with Kuma to the AXPONA Hi Fi show. We spent a long time in the DeVore room simply because she liked their speakers so much. The electronics used were made by Resolution and to kill time I asked their guy to play my Ginastera piano disc which is very exceptional in terms of dynamics as well as difficulty of playing (according the Todd Garfinkle, the label owner, the pianists fingers started bleeding during the recording). Anyway, the sound that came out was just terrible, completely deconstructing the music flow and even Kuma gave me a startled look. I just did not have the heart to tell the questioning Resolution man how bad his system was and I just muttered something about having difficulties with the timing of the music. I don’t know, perhaps what they really needed was HH to straighten them out, plain and simple…

I am not sure if the company still exists. Their gear was just gorgeous looking.

9f08035e2999bf750e2178f72c01cf94-480-80

Apart the meaning of your post that I understood, I heard maybe 10 years ago to the resolution opus 21 CD player, which was sounding musical.

Hi @pcd, perhaps we should start another thread where Kudos Titan 606 speakers are discussed :wink:

Your speakers look excellent in Tineo. ordered mine yesterday and have kept with black.

3 Likes

I had 606’s in my home for about 5 days. I dont know why but I didn’t get on with them at all. And I know there was nothing wrong with them (and that they did have some hours on them), as I know someone else who demoed that same pair after me and loved them. Something about room interaction??? I thought that the bass was really weak, and all in all very skewed to treble and midrange. That was with ND555/252/250DR at the time. I moved them around…just couldn’t get them right in my room.

1 Like

Thanks BJm! Why is it that people feel overwhelmingly that they have to divert a thread from the original topic?