Kudos Titan 606

Yes, I see active ATCs as an alternative to Kudos purely on the basis of the considerable amount of box count reduction they would involve. Indeed I could probably move to ATC active 50s on a near cost neutral basis.

Something for the future maybe.

NBLs indeed. As are yours, judging by your avatar. A truly fine creation!

1 Like

Okā€¦ I rather enjoy ATC with Naim amplificationā€¦ a real synergy to my mindā€¦ I guess if I needed to go high power regularly then the actives would be good on the end of my 552.

Clive, talking to a Naim representative at Audience last week when I went in to order my speakers the answer to your question is very very good indeed.

Iain was saying that he is looking forward to trying them in Active mode in the near future should be interesting.

1 Like

A picture of the Tineo finish.

17 Likes

That looks super!

Phil

Just because I donā€™t like Focal speakers doesnā€™t mean that I am knocking them or they are no good. Itā€™s my personal opinion on the Focal speakers I have heard and I could be a tone deaf idiot for all anybody knows. Iā€™ve never liked LP12s either but a hell of a lot of people do

It appears the Focals are spot on for you and you thoroughly enjoy them which is absolutely great. In that context, what I think of them is wholly irrelevant.

Stunning!
I need to start savingā€¦:smile::sunglasses:

Hi @Camlan, I quite agree about how threads get over heated. We all need to avoid attacking other peopleā€™s choices because without experiencing the same musical sounds we have no evidence.

Phil

1 Like

I donā€™t like B&W speakers either. A local friend has nd555 with 2x555ps and 552 and 500 into 802D3s. He loves it - but those speakers are just not my cup of tea. Ditto Focal - I have heard many more people praise the kantas, though. I only heard them once in a room that I have really never liked anything in

Not sure what you mean by ā€œneedā€ but I think they were designed to work with a 300. Not heard with single 300 but a pair of 300s active into 707s is my favourite dream at the moment - really loved them

1 Like

I rather like my Sopra 2s and have a soft spot for rare breed pigs which at least to me arenā€™t at all ugly.

4 Likes

Rather nice SiršŸ‘

I didnā€™t mention the sound, merely that I think they are pig ugly. The fact that every time Iā€™ve heard Focal speakers they have pulled the music apart rather than keep it together is something else entirely. Anyway, if you are confident in your choice it matters not one jot what I think or say. Iā€™m not going to pretend I like something that I donā€™t just to keep people happy. If people donā€™t like my speakers do I care? No I donā€™t. Itā€™s interesting that people are saying that when driven by Ā£175k of amplification and in a room with extreme acoustic treatment that they sound ok. If thatā€™s whatā€™s required it doesnā€™t sound like an easy domestic fit design to me.

1 Like

HH, i remember how you were upset when I criticised the SL2. And I was much more kinder than you here vs these speakers.
Perhaps some empathy would be necessary ? You are saying indirectly that Phil has crap tastes and doesnā€™t see that the sound is split apart with these Focal speakers. And you insist so heavilyā€¦

3 Likes

I think many people realise thatā€¦

2 Likes

No Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s rubbish. Iā€™m saying I donā€™t like them, based on what Iā€™ve heard. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Yes, but you would still remain within the boundaries of honesty if you chose to remain silent when being unable to find any positive words to say. It is that easy and so much more pleasant.

4 Likes

The only trouble with that is that if people only ever say positive things, how are others to make an objective decision? Itā€™s impossible for many to actually hear these things. Anyway, it all started with a throwaway comment following someone saying that black speakers would disappear into a black background. I simply added that they are so ugly they would be better in the garden. People then go and get their knickers in a twist rather than just taking it as the light hearted comment it was. It would be dull if everything becomes blanded out with no room for anything other than positive. If people donā€™t like what I write they can simply ignore me. Iā€™m sure many do already, just like I do with a few other posters. Itā€™s just not worth getting excited about.

1 Like

I think that there is more to the world than the views you hold and that you are simply missing opportunities for discovery.