Lake District - 2 Day Itinerary needed

Great admiration for Mrs Jimdog, jogging up The Struggle - not easy!! Lucky you also, a family car retreiver so you can do linear walks without worrying about getting back to the car. :laughing:

2 Likes

If you head to Keswick there’s a nice flattish walk round derwentwater. Plus there’s a ferry you can catch that goes round the lake that can catch if you get tired.

2 Likes

Keswick is my favourite small town in the Lakes with plenty of good places to eat and drink. The walk around Derwentwater is flat and easy, but venturing further up Borrowdale is worth the effort. Another nearby ‘must’ is Cat Bells, quite steep in places but fantastic panoramic views from the top.

2 Likes

Arrived🙂

4 Likes

Shame weather tomorrow not the same :joy:

Ah, blue skies in Cumbria…a rare event!! I wore my shorts today for the lunchtime dog walk, first time this year :rofl:
Enjoy your stay and I hope the weather is kind for you.
cheers

1 Like

I hope it is better than we had a few years ago, we arrived to glorious sunshine, it then rained for the rest of the time. Nice view….enjoy.

1 Like

Have fun, up that way myself in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Forecast changed it’s mind, not balmy sunshine but not raining either! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Meh.

3 Likes

Day 1 pub
Day 2 pub
Sorted lol

1 Like

Go on, get up a hill, you know you want to…:wink:

Bit cloudy currently but fine for a walk……:+1:

We’ll, if we could see a hill…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Jamie
Clear enough in north lakes currently, but believe your at the southern end. :frowning:
Don’t let the current weather put you off returning, just bad timing I’d guess.

Oh it hasn’t at all. Quite a few people out and about today!

1 Like

Indoor climbing at Kendal Wall?

Nah, heading home now. Had enough of hills. There aren’t any in Cambridgeshire.

Then you are in for a real treat- beautiful part of the world.

I would suggest Rydal Water, Loughrigg Fell, Lake Buttermere ( good pub here too) and Grasmere.

My favourite spots for photography are Blea Tarn ( just stunning) and views of Grasmere Lake from Loughrrigg Fell

1 Like

I saw fell runners last time I was there - quite amazing what they can run up - as I panted my way up

Actually quiet depressing :frowning: At least for me ……