Lambretta purchase and rebuild

Some beautiful bikes

1 Like

One step closer to completion, just the seat and chroming of the exhaust to go in the next week or so:

5 Likes

Ultra cool!

1 Like

Looking wonderful.

1 Like

Custom seat / mudflap / spare wheel cover / 12” record carrier now installed:

5 Likes

I’ve been following your project for a while, but today’s record carrier touched a deep vein of nostalgia for me.

Reminds me of my homemade attempt at a similar record bag to allow me to zoom round on my GT to my mates’ houses to listen to the latest sounds.

So last century, and so authentically vintage.

'Ave some of that, mate. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Love the LP holder. Looking beautiful.
The Italians know how to style something…pity mechanising isn’t their strong point!

2 Likes

Thankfully this one has a fully rebuilt engine !!!

1 Like

Glad it sparked some fond memories.

Apart from blasting around the countryside in the evenings it’ll mainly be used for regular trips into town to pick up records.

2 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looking forward to the updated photos.

1 Like

Our friends at the DVLA wouldn’t let me keep the original plate (despite it only being allowed to go on my frame) so got the scoot home as they want to inspect tomorrow.

Hopefully w few more weeks and it’ll be finished.

Latest photos as follows:

9 Likes

Stunning job.

Inspection complete…he was here for about 5mins taking a few photos but has ended x10 days into the assignment of the VRN.

Bloody annoying as guy who’s building engine is away for a month in a few weeks time and need to setup for running-in.

DVLA letter dropped today and we have a VRN assigned. Hopefully on the road within a week and start running-in.

Photos to follow as still some bits to go on

5 Likes

Number plate on and now running in.

7 Likes

Excellent.

Hope it turns out to be reliable, although their unreliability had a certain charm.
Lovely job.

Look forward to seeing the ‘Lamby’ with the final bits on.

1 Like